Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPE

blount20051

I came across this error today after restarting one of my production web
servers. The issue only appeared when ASP.NET was initializing on the first
request from a web browser. If you requested the website a second time, the
application would finally kick-in and start. However, if you restarted the
W3SVC service (effectively reloading IIS and ASP.NET), and request the site
again, you'll get the error. I looked in C:\WINDOWS\assembly, and
Microsoft.Jscript was in the GAC. I figured this might be a permission issue
with the IIS worker process identity that ASP.NET uses but it has been
working now for some time. We currently host our web-app over a network
share, and have a separate identity access the network share. This is the
error that we are getting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Catastrophic
failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x8000ffff): Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT:
0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))]

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.JScript,
Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of
its dependencies. Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF
(E_UNEXPECTED))]
System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean
throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark&
stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) +0
System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError,
Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +78
System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError,
Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +58
System.Type.GetType(String typeName) +48
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerInfo.get_IsCodeDomProviderTypeValid() +9

System.Web.Compilation.CompilationUtil.GetRecompilationHash(CompilationSection ps) +1813
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.get_RecompilationHash() +70

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CheckTopLevelFilesUpToDate2(StandardDiskBuildResultCache diskCache) +780

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CheckTopLevelFilesUpToDate(StandardDiskBuildResultCache diskCache) +46
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.RegularAppRuntimeModeInitialize() +419
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.Initialize() +235
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InitializeBuildManager() +228
System.Web.HttpRuntime.HostingInit(HostingEnvironmentFlags hostingFlags)
+329

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly
'Microsoft.JScript, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. Catastrophic
failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +3465427
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +69
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +279

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Select Tags... SaveCancel

[Edit Tags]
Report abuse Quick Reply

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

Copyright © 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use
| Privacy Statement
Questions/Problems with www.iis.net? | Interested in Advertising with us? |
Hosted by OrcsWeb | Ads served by BanManPro