Catch html output of https page..

Lorenzo

I've a web site with a classic asp login page, another where in a textbox i
write a sql query and a third that shows the resulset of the query....

Now i want to create an asp.net application that have only one page with 2
textbox for login, a textbox where i'll write the sql query and a textbox
where shows the html of the previuos third page with the resultset of the
query...

i try using the HttpWebRequest Class but when i try my app my browser shows
me a 500 server error or SSL/TLS error...

where i can find any example to resolve my problem?

Thanx

Hans Kesting

Lorenzo said:
I've a web site with a classic asp login page, another where in a textbox i
write a sql query and a third that shows the resulset of the query....

Now i want to create an asp.net application that have only one page with 2
textbox for login, a textbox where i'll write the sql query and a textbox
where shows the html of the previuos third page with the resultset of the
query...

Maybe you should use a DataGrid for the result: saves you decoding some
unknown resultset.
i try using the HttpWebRequest Class but when i try my app my browser shows
me a 500 server error or SSL/TLS error...

where i can find any example to resolve my problem?

Thanx

The HttpWebRequest class is meant to perform requests from the server, not
to read
values from the current request that was started by the browser! Use the
Request property
instead or better: directly use the value of your textboxes!

Did you set <customErrors> to "Off" or "RemoteOnly" (see web.config)? That
way you might see
a better error message.

Hans Kesting

Lorenzo

Hans said:
Lorenzo said:
I've a web site with a classic asp login page, another where in a
textbox i write a sql query and a third that shows the resulset of
the query....
[CUT]

Maybe you should use a DataGrid for the result: saves you decoding
some unknown resultset.

The problem is that i canno access directly to the database...but when i
post the query the resultset is enbedded in the html of the page opened....

Marina

I am not completely following what you are tryin to do - but it sounds like
you need to get the results of a query that was run on a database you don't
have access to. If this is the case, I would suggest using a web service to
execute the query and return the results.

Lorenzo said:

Marina said:
I am not completely following what you are tryin to do - but it
sounds like you need to get the results of a query that was run on a
database you don't have access to. If this is the case, I would
suggest using a web service to execute the query and return the
results.

Hi marina...do you know where i can find some examples?

thanx