    me a 500 server error or SSL/TLS error...

    where i can find any example to resolve my problem?

    Thanx

    Lorenzo, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Lorenzo

    Hans Kesting Guest

    "Lorenzo" <> wrote in message
    news:6kgJb.19498$...
    > I've a web site with a classic asp login page, another where in a textbox

    > write a sql query and a third that shows the resulset of the query....
    >
    > Now i want to create an asp.net application that have only one page with 2
    > textbox for login, a textbox where i'll write the sql query and a textbox
    > where shows the html of the previuos third page with the resultset of the
    > query...

    Maybe you should use a DataGrid for the result: saves you decoding some
    unknown resultset.

    > i try using the HttpWebRequest Class but when i try my app my browser

    shows
    > me a 500 server error or SSL/TLS error...
    >
    > where i can find any example to resolve my problem?
    >
    > Thanx

    The HttpWebRequest class is meant to perform requests from the server, not
    to read
    values from the current request that was started by the browser! Use the
    Request property
    instead or better: directly use the value of your textboxes!

    Did you set <customErrors> to "Off" or "RemoteOnly" (see web.config)? That
    way you might see
    a better error message.

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Lorenzo

    Lorenzo Guest

    Hans Kesting wrote:
    > "Lorenzo" <> wrote in message
    >> I've a web site with a classic asp login page, another where in a
    >> textbox i write a sql query and a third that shows the resulset of
    >> the query....

    [CUT]

    > Maybe you should use a DataGrid for the result: saves you decoding
    > some unknown resultset.

    The problem is that i canno access directly to the database...but when i
    post the query the resultset is enbedded in the html of the page opened....

    Lorenzo, Jan 2, 2004
  4. Lorenzo

    Marina Guest

    I am not completely following what you are tryin to do - but it sounds like
    you need to get the results of a query that was run on a database you don't
    have access to. If this is the case, I would suggest using a web service to
    execute the query and return the results.

    Marina, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Lorenzo

    Lorenzo Guest

    Marina wrote:
    > I am not completely following what you are tryin to do - but it
    > sounds like you need to get the results of a query that was run on a
    > database you don't have access to. If this is the case, I would
    > suggest using a web service to execute the query and return the
    > results.

    Hi marina...do you know where i can find some examples?

    thanx

    Lorenzo, Jan 2, 2004