Catch trace enabled='true' output and store in database?

DC

Hi,

I want to store the trace information I get on trace.axd when I use
<trace enabled="true" /> in a database or a custom log file. Is it
possible to intercept the trace mechanism at a suitable point?

TIA,

Regards

DC

Guest

Yes you can. Just write a custom TraceListener class derived from
TraceListener or any of the supplied ones if they are closer to what you want.
Peter

DC

Thank you for the pointer, Peter. I ended up using some custom
diagnostics which I hooked into the global.asax, but if I ever want to
go a more professional route then I will use the TraceListener class.

Regards
DC