Catching Dos console output from within Java Class

IchBin

Is it possible to not just to issue a Dos cmd from a java class but more
importantly encapsulate the Dos output back into a buffer that java can
use..? Not just pipe the Dos command to a dos file and then reading that
file. I am running under Windows XP SP 2. Reason: So I could say display
a running status of a NetStat command I want to monitor.

Sorry just never tried it.

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin

'The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical
substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.'
- Carl Gustav Jung, (1875-1961), psychiatrist and psychologist

Lothar Kimmeringer

Is it possible to not just to issue a Dos cmd from a java class but more
importantly encapsulate the Dos output back into a buffer that java can
use..? Not just pipe the Dos command to a dos file and then reading that
file. I am running under Windows XP SP 2. Reason: So I could say display
a running status of a NetStat command I want to monitor.

Runtime.exec returns a Process-instance. Looking at the API
of java.lang.Process will give you all the information needed
and is more or less self-explaining.

If the called application is writing on STDERR as well you should
read the contents as well, because if the buffer is full, the
called application will block.

Regards, Lothar
--
Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail: (e-mail address removed)

questions!

IchBin

Lothar said:
Runtime.exec returns a Process-instance. Looking at the API
of java.lang.Process will give you all the information needed
and is more or less self-explaining.

If the called application is writing on STDERR as well you should
read the contents as well, because if the buffer is full, the
called application will block.

Regards, Lothar

Thanks Lothar... You gave me the direction I needed.