Catching the product's weight sent via RS32 from a balance

AMOS

,
,
Hello to all

In the factory I'm working for, there is a PC that
is s
connected to a balance via
RS32 2

I've to write a program in C(or any other
appropriate e
language) that is listening to the balance,
and as soon as a signal is accepted from the RS32-
namely y
the product's weight, it converts it into a numeric
value.

I'll be grateful, if somebody that encountered a
similar
,problem will direct me, how to write such
program
or at least refer me to an
appropriate site

I need an answer as soon as
possible

Thank you in
advance e
Amos

Default User

AMOS wrote:

Note, the original post came over with some strange formatting, I have
tried to fix it up. According to the headers the character set was
ISO-Hebrew.
In the factory I'm working for, there is a PC that is
connected to a balance via RS32
I've to write a program in C(or any other
appropriate language) that is listening to the balance,
and as soon as a signal is accepted from the RS32-
namely the product's weight, it converts it into a numeric
value.

There's no standard way to read such ports. What you need is a
newsgroup that is appropriate for your platform. If you are working in
some flavor of UNIX, a good place to start is comp.unix.programmer. For
Windows, one of the MS groups (I don't know them off-hand).

Brian

jacob navia

AMOS said:
,
,
[...]

Look Amos, you have to find somebody competent for this job.
Not everybody is a programmer. You should find one, explain him
what the problem is, then make him/her develop the program.

jacob

Thomas Lutz

If you jsut want to read the data from the scale directly into another
application program then you might want to look at a product called
WinWedge. WinWedge is a utility program that is designed to read in
data from a device connected to a serial port (a scale, bar code
scanner, measuring instrument, etc.) and feed the data directly to
some other running application program (Excel, Access, Notepad, etc.)
WinWedge would be the perfect tool for reading in data from any scale
with a RS232 output.
For more information about WinWedge please visit:
http://www.taltech.com/products/winwedge.html