Catching the product's weight sent via RS32 from a balance

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by AMOS, Jul 30, 2007.

  1. AMOS

    AMOS Guest

    ,
    ,
    Hello to all

    In the factory I'm working for, there is a PC that
    is s
    connected to a balance via
    RS32 2

    I've to write a program in C(or any other
    appropriate e
    language) that is listening to the balance,
    and as soon as a signal is accepted from the RS32-
    namely y
    the product's weight, it converts it into a numeric
    value.

    I'll be grateful, if somebody that encountered a
    similar
    ,problem will direct me, how to write such
    program
    or at least refer me to an
    appropriate site

    I need an answer as soon as
    possible

    Thank you in
    advance e
    Amos

    AMOS, Jul 30, 2007

  2. AMOS

    Default User Guest

    AMOS wrote:

    Note, the original post came over with some strange formatting, I have
    tried to fix it up. According to the headers the character set was
    ISO-Hebrew.

    > In the factory I'm working for, there is a PC that is

    > connected to a balance via RS32

    > I've to write a program in C(or any other
    > appropriate language) that is listening to the balance,
    > and as soon as a signal is accepted from the RS32-
    > namely the product's weight, it converts it into a numeric
    > value.

    There's no standard way to read such ports. What you need is a
    newsgroup that is appropriate for your platform. If you are working in
    some flavor of UNIX, a good place to start is comp.unix.programmer. For
    Windows, one of the MS groups (I don't know them off-hand).

    Brian
    Default User, Jul 30, 2007

  3. AMOS

    jacob navia Guest

    AMOS wrote:
    > ,
    > ,
    > Hello to all
    >

    > In the factory I'm working for, there is a PC that
    > is s
    > connected to a balance via
    > RS32 2
    >
    > I've to write a program in C(or any other
    > appropriate e
    > language) that is listening to the balance,
    > and as soon as a signal is accepted from the RS32-
    > namely y
    > the product's weight, it converts it into a numeric
    > value.
    >
    > I'll be grateful, if somebody that encountered a
    > similar
    > ,problem will direct me, how to write such
    > program
    > or at least refer me to an
    > appropriate site
    >
    > I need an answer as soon as
    > possible
    >
    > Thank you in
    > advance e
    > Amos

    Look Amos, you have to find somebody competent for this job.
    Not everybody is a programmer. You should find one, explain him
    what the problem is, then make him/her develop the program.

    jacob
    jacob navia, Jul 30, 2007
  4. AMOS

    Thomas Lutz Guest

    If you jsut want to read the data from the scale directly into another
    application program then you might want to look at a product called
    WinWedge. WinWedge is a utility program that is designed to read in
    data from a device connected to a serial port (a scale, bar code
    scanner, measuring instrument, etc.) and feed the data directly to
    some other running application program (Excel, Access, Notepad, etc.)
    WinWedge would be the perfect tool for reading in data from any scale
    with a RS232 output.
    For more information about WinWedge please visit:
    http://www.taltech.com/products/winwedge.html

    Thomas Lutz, Aug 16, 2007