Catching this own exception

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Julien [CNSX], Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Hello !

    I create a WebService which is secure by a Username and Password thanks to
    the WSE
    more infos :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservic...library/en-us/dnwssecur/html/wssecauthwse.asp

    I'm throwing an exception in my PasswordProvider class when the username and
    the password not corresponding in my database...

    But I dont'succeed to get only the message of the exception...I get all the
    following message :

    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: Server unavailable,
    please try later ---> editorialys.utilities.ElysError: Acc??s au service web
    r??serv?? aux abonn??s : Mot de passe incorrect! at
    editorialys.SecureProvider.Security.PasswordProvider.GetPassword(UsernameTok
    en token) in C:\julien\editorialys.SecureProvider\PasswordProvider.vb:line
    20 at Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.UsernameToken.GetPassword() at
    Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.UsernameToken.LoadXml(XmlElement element) at
    Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.SecurityToken..ctor(XmlElement element) at
    Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.UsernameToken..ctor(XmlElement element) at
    Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.Security.LoadXml(XmlElement element) at
    Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.SecurityInputFilter.ProcessMessage(SoapEnvel
    ope envelope) at
    Microsoft.Web.Services.Pipeline.ProcessInputMessage(SoapEnvelope envelope)
    at
    Microsoft.Web.Services.WebServicesExtension.BeforeDeserializeServer(SoapMess
    age message) --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---

    althought, I just want "Acc??s au service web r??serv?? aux abonn??s : Mot
    de passe incorrect!"

    Have somebody catch this own exception before?

    Thanks in advance for any help ;-)
    Julien [CNSX], Jul 10, 2003

  2. Thanks for your help,

    I'm still using a try catch for an SoapException to the client's side...so I
    know, that this is the Web Service which is throwing the exception...

    I would like to find a simple solution and your's are to complex and to
    time-expansive for you for the moment...

    Thanks ;-)

    "Shel Blauman [MSFT]" <> a écrit dans le
    message de news:%...
    > The Aspnet group can probably give you a more authoritative answer, but

    take

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...handlingraisingexceptionsinxmlwebservices.asp

    > Shel

    rights.