CausesValidation causes javaScript error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Don, May 30, 2006.

  1. Don

    Don Guest

    I have a page with several controls on the page and all except one are
    hidden. This page works like a wizard by hiding and showing controls
    has the user clicks next. The control are hidden by setting
    visible=false in the code-behind, so they are never rendered. My next
    button validates the page and on some controls I get the JavaScript
    error below:
    Error: 'undefined' is null or not an object
    Code: 0

    The control that causes this error has another control on it that
    sometimes has visible=false. This is the control that has the
    validators on it. When this inner control has visible=true, and is
    rendered, I don't get the java scrip error. When visible=false I get
    the JavaScript error.

    When the inner control is not rendered, and I get the error, my page
    should not even have any validators on it. What could be causing this
    error?

    I can't 'view source' because the source is always the cached copy with
    the first control visible.

    Thanks,
    Don

    Don, May 30, 2006

  2. Don

    Don Guest

    If I make the problem control be the fist control I don't get the
    problem.

    Don, May 30, 2006