    do I need IIS? the thing is I have winXP
    can I install iis?
    thanks
    Montezuma's Daughter, Dec 17, 2008

  2. "Montezuma's Daughter" <> wrote in message
    > if I understood you correctly,

    Who are you responding to?

    >If I use cazzini, and I have the sute
    > working on my computer, I can't access the website from
    > "outside" (say, another computer)?

    It will only respond to requests coming from the localhost.

    > do I need IIS?

    That depends do you want to run the website in earnest or are you just
    looking to widen access to it for test purposes?

    >the thing is I have winXP can I install iis?

    If you have XP Pro you can install IIS. However XP limits the number of
    incoming connections it will support so this isn't a platform for any
    serious use.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Dec 17, 2008