ccmake errors compiling VTK

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Vladimir S. Oka, Mar 14, 2006.

  1. On Tuesday 14 March 2006 23:01, Anders Christensen opined (in
    <>):

    > Hi NG,

    <snip OT stuff>

    > No compilation errors, but I'm unable to locate the executable. Any
    > ideas?

    Your question is off-topic here. Ask in a Solaris group, or one that
    deals with the code in question (I'd tell you exactly which ones, but I
    don't know). Here, we deal with C, as defined by the ISO/ANSI
    standards.

    --
    BR, Vladimir

    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
    Vladimir S. Oka, Mar 14, 2006

  2. Hi NG,

    I'm trying to install The Visualization ToolKit (public.kitware.com/VTK/)
    on a Solaris 10 machine. I'm using Sun's C/C++ compilers for the purpose.

    The Makefile generation with ccmake had some kind of problem saying
    "Errors occurred during the last pass" and presenting this error several
    times:
    It is impossible to order the linker search path in such a way that
    libraries specified as full paths will be picked by the linker.
    Directories and libraries involved are: Directory: /usr/lib contains:
    Library: /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so
    Library: /usr/openwin/lib/libXext.so

    Directory: /usr/openwin/lib contains:
    Library: /usr/lib/libGL.so

    I tried to compile the project (using the Makefiles generated by ccmake)
    make
    make install

    No compilation errors, but I'm unable to locate the executable. Any ideas?

    ../Anders.
    Anders Christensen, Mar 14, 2006