CD Emulator?

simpleinventor

Does anyone have code to mount a single virtual CD, like daemon tools
would? Would only need it to mount an ISO (but the program is going to
actually be embedded into a website, as part of a fileserver.) Thanks!

Gordon Beaton

Does anyone have code to mount a single virtual CD, like daemon
tools would? Would only need it to mount an ISO (but the program is
going to actually be embedded into a website, as part of a
fileserver.) Thanks!

Since you use the term "mount" I'll assume you're using Unix or simlar
OS. AFAIK most such platforms can mount ISO-files just fine, perhaps
by specifying an extra flag for the mount command:

String[] mountCmd = {
"mount",
options,
filename,
mountPoint };
Runtime.getRuntime().exec(mountCmd);

/gordon

Alun Harford

Does anyone have code to mount a single virtual CD, like daemon tools
would? Would only need it to mount an ISO (but the program is going to
actually be embedded into a website, as part of a fileserver.) Thanks!

If you're working on a Unix system, it's trivial (just runexec the mount
command - most systems can just mount ISOs).
If you're using Windows, you're going to have to code a driver (ie. not use
java). Or use daemon tools and runexec the command to mount the ISO.

Alun Harford