CD Writing Modules?

Richard Livsey

Hi, I'm fairly new to python but am liking what I see so far.

I'm in the process of writing a network controlled mp3 player based on
Twisted and I want to add the ability for it to write CDs (so you would
queue up a selection of songs and be able to play or burn them etc..)
but I cannot find much out there on how to do this with python.

The mp3 player will be running Linux (not sure of the distro yet, its
currently working with Windows but I want to change that ASAP) but
ideally I would like it to be as cross platform as possible.

Thanks in advance.

John J. Lee

Richard Livsey said:
Twisted and I want to add the ability for it to write CDs (so you
would queue up a selection of songs and be able to play or burn them
etc..) but I cannot find much out there on how to do this with python.

Just invoke an external process to do it.

The mp3 player will be running Linux (not sure of the distro yet, its
currently working with Windows but I want to change that ASAP) but
ideally I would like it to be as cross platform as possible.
[...]

I think cdrecord has a Windows port. Maybe cdrdao and the others,
too. Not sure which of those is currently nearest to all-singing,
all-dancing -- in the past you had to use a different tool for every
CD mode, it seemed.

John

JanC

(e-mail address removed) (John J. Lee) schreef:
I think cdrecord has a Windows port. Maybe cdrdao and the others,
too.

Both cdrecord and cdrdao are available for Windows.

The rather well-known freeware CD burn program "Burnatonce" is in fact a
Visual Basic frontend for cdrdao & mkisofs...