    Incutio Web Developer
    www.cache-22.co.uk
    www.incutio.com

    Richard Livsey, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Richard Livsey

    John J. Lee Guest

    Richard Livsey <> writes:
    [...]
    > Twisted and I want to add the ability for it to write CDs (so you
    > would queue up a selection of songs and be able to play or burn them
    > etc..) but I cannot find much out there on how to do this with python.

    Just invoke an external process to do it.

    > The mp3 player will be running Linux (not sure of the distro yet, its
    > currently working with Windows but I want to change that ASAP) but
    > ideally I would like it to be as cross platform as possible.

    [...]

    I think cdrecord has a Windows port. Maybe cdrdao and the others,
    too. Not sure which of those is currently nearest to all-singing,
    all-dancing -- in the past you had to use a different tool for every
    CD mode, it seemed.

    John

    John J. Lee, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Richard Livsey

    JanC Guest

    (John J. Lee) schreef:

    > I think cdrecord has a Windows port. Maybe cdrdao and the others,
    > too.

    Both cdrecord and cdrdao are available for Windows.

    The rather well-known freeware CD burn program "Burnatonce" is in fact a
    Visual Basic frontend for cdrdao & mkisofs...

    --
    JanC

    JanC, Oct 22, 2003