    I've found quite a few CLDC version, but not CDC.

    Thanks.

    Napi

    napi, Jun 24, 2005

  2. napi wrote:
    > Where can I find the J2ME's JVM emulator (the CDC version).

    CDC does not use the JVM, but instead uses the CVM which has different
    resource requirements. And it's not an emulator, it's the CVM itself.
    You need to download the reference implementation for it and then build
    it on the platform for which you want to use it.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit my homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com

    Darryl Pierce, Jun 26, 2005

  3. napi

    Guest

    CVM is one kind of JVM that supports CDC level APIs and is optimized
    for embedded systems.
    For napi, you may try to use reference implementation from SUN
    (http://java.sun.com/j2me/)

    , Jun 29, 2005
  4. In article <npyve.7105$>,
    Darryl Pierce <> wrote:
    >napi wrote:
    >> Where can I find the J2ME's JVM emulator (the CDC version).

    >CDC does not use the JVM, but instead uses the CVM which has different
    >resource requirements. And it's not an emulator, it's the CVM itself.
    >You need to download the reference implementation for it and then build
    >it on the platform for which you want to use it.

    Aha. I thought it was CLDC that didn't use the JVM, and that CDC used the
    JVM with AWT support (but no Swing). Would appreciate your feedback.

    Thanks.

    Napi
    --
    http://www.axiomsol.com