    suggestions? I can't afford the commercial components.

    Thanks

    ---
    Phil, Aug 1, 2004

  2. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Queue? I'm send directly to my SMTP server.. not sure where the hangup is.
    I'm sending data to an email address via CDO using basic authentication.

    I CDO known for slow authentication? Maybe it's my email server.

    Thanks

    > 10 seconds for the page to process or for the server to get it from the
    > queue and send it? These are VERY different things.
    > Please clarify
    >

    > --
    > Curt Christianson
    > Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
    > Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
    > Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
    >

    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > > I've set up a form which sends info to my email address usind CDO 2000

    w/

    Phil, Aug 2, 2004

  3. Phil

    Phil Guest

    After I click "send", my form hangs for 10 seconds and then finally goes.

    > SMTP doesn't fire immediate. It writes to a file that then is sent. The

    SMTP
    > can be configured to send every (n) sec/min/hours.
    >

    > --
    > Curt Christianson
    > Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
    > Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
    > Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
    >

    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Queue? I'm send directly to my SMTP server.. not sure where the hangup

    is.
    > > I'm sending data to an email address via CDO using basic authentication.
    > >
    > > I CDO known for slow authentication? Maybe it's my email server.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > > "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
    > > > 10 seconds for the page to process or for the server to get it from

    the
    > > > queue and send it? These are VERY different things.
    > > > Please clarify
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > Curt Christianson
    > > > Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
    > > > Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
    > > > Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
    > > >

    > > > "Phil" <> wrote in message

    2000
    > > w/

    > sent.
    > > > Any

    ---
    Phil, Aug 3, 2004
  4. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Thanks for the help Curt. I'm not sure what happened, but it seems to be
    running fine now.

    > SMTP doesn't fire immediate. It writes to a file that then is sent. The

    SMTP
    > can be configured to send every (n) sec/min/hours.
    >

    > --
    > Curt Christianson
    > Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
    > Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
    > Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
    >

    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Queue? I'm send directly to my SMTP server.. not sure where the hangup

    is.
    > > I'm sending data to an email address via CDO using basic authentication.
    > >
    > > I CDO known for slow authentication? Maybe it's my email server.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > > "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
    > > > 10 seconds for the page to process or for the server to get it from

    the
    > > > queue and send it? These are VERY different things.
    > > > Please clarify
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > Curt Christianson
    > > > Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software