CDO and Multipart Email?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by justino, Oct 28, 2004.

  1. justino

    justino Guest

    I am trying to send out an email newsletter using both HTML and plain text?
    Any good resources for doing this? I can't seem to get it to display the
    TextBody when Outlook is set to display emails using Plain Text.

    I am using:

    Dim objMail
    Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    objMail.To = varEmail
    objMail.From = " ( Webmaster)"
    objMail.Subject = "My Subject"
    objMail.BodyPart.ContentMediaType = "multipart/alternative"
    objMail.TextBody = "No HTML here. I want this text to display if HTML is
    turned off."
    objMail.CreateMHTMLBody "http://www.mysite.com/mailer.html"
    objMail.Send
    Set objMail = Nothing

    When I receive the email in outlook with HTML turned off, it comes up a
    mess. I was hoping the TextBody would show.
    Also, the images I am using have full paths
    (http://www.mysite.com/image.jpg) but they are still showing up as
    attachments with odd names like ATT21435.jpg.

    Thanks for any help,
    Justino

    justino, Oct 28, 2004