CDO authentication problem

Brett

Can someone explain why the following doesn't work?

<%
sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"

Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

With cdoConfig.Fields

..Item(sch & "smtpserver") = "mail.midvalleyfurniture.com"
..item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing").value
=2
..item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate").value
= 1
..item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword").value
="yadayadayada"
..item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername").value
="(e-mail address removed)"

..update

End With

Set cdoMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

With cdoMessage
Set .Configuration = cdoConfig
.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
.Subject = "Daily Report"
.TextBody = mailMessage

.Send
End With

Set cdoMessage = Nothing
Set cdoConfig = Nothing
%>

If I take out the 3 authentication lines and send an email that's on
the same domain server ([email protected] to (e-mail address removed)), it
goes through.
If outside the domain, I put the 3 lines back in and though I receive
no error message, the mail doesn't go through.

Thanks for any help,
Brett

J. Alan Rueckgauer

Brett said:
[...]

It could be a relaying permission problem. Check with the mail admin that
the IP of the server trying to initiate the mail session, as well as the
sendusername, aren't restricted from sending (relaying) mail to recipients
outside the mailserver's domain.

Alan

Brett

J. Alan Rueckgauer said:
It could be a relaying permission problem. Check with the mail admin that
the IP of the server trying to initiate the mail session, as well as the
sendusername, aren't restricted from sending (relaying) mail to recipients
outside the mailserver's domain.

Alan

the webserver and the email server are the same machine/same ip.
sneding email thru the account from a client authenticates fine. the
asp code does not.

can MS's smtp server be set up to allow all relays or authenticate
relays per ip address?