    hosts server and get the email back?

    Many thx for any help.
    Stu
    Stuart Palmer, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Whatever server you're trying to relay through is probably denying the
    relay. I suggest you ask in an IIS group such as
    microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp.

    --

    Ray at work
    Microsoft ASP/ASP.NET MVP

    "Stuart Palmer" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to get cdo.message working on my home development machine,
    > however, when I send it it appears to get stuck in the queue and never
    > actually gets sent.
    >
    > If I don't have a domain SMTP set (either alias or remote) then I get

    an
    > error on page. But if I set these, the email just sits on the queue. I

    have
    > been trying to work it out from other posts and forums, aspFAQ etc but

    with
    > no joy.
    >
    > Could someone supply a step by step guide to getting SMTP set up on a

    win2K
    > pro machine and how to get these mails out of my servers queue and into

    the

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jan 17, 2005

  3. Stuart Palmer

    Guest

    Could I see the code your using? Mostly to the configuration object.
    , Jan 21, 2005
  4. <> wrote in message
    > Could I see the code your using? Mostly to the configuration object.

    Rocky,
    Here you go.

    --------------------
    Set objSendMail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    objSendMail.Subject = "CDO Test"
    objSendMail.From = "Stu Test<>"
    objSendMail.To =
    objSendMail.TextBody = "CDO Test"
    objSendMail.Configuration.Fields.Item
    ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
    'Name or IP of remote SMTP server
    objSendMail.Configuration.Fields.Item
    ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "127.0.0.1"
    'Server port1
    objSendMail.Configuration.Fields.Item
    ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25
    objSendMail.Configuration.Fields.Update
    objSendMail.Send
    --------------

    The mail gets created and then just sits in the queue and does not a lot
    more.

    Thx for your help.

    Stu
    Stuart Palmer, Jan 24, 2005
  5. Stuart Palmer

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:44:54 -0000, "Stuart Palmer"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Could I see the code your using? Mostly to the configuration object.
    >>

    >Rocky,
    >Here you go.
    >
    >--------------------
    >Set objSendMail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    > objSendMail.Subject = "CDO Test"
    > objSendMail.From = "Stu Test<>"
    > objSendMail.To =
    > objSendMail.TextBody = "CDO Test"
    > objSendMail.Configuration.Fields.Item
    >("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
    > 'Name or IP of remote SMTP server
    > objSendMail.Configuration.Fields.Item
    >("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "127.0.0.1"
    > 'Server port1
    > objSendMail.Configuration.Fields.Item
    >("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25
    > objSendMail.Configuration.Fields.Update
    > objSendMail.Send
    >--------------
    >
    >The mail gets created and then just sits in the queue and does not a lot
    >more.

    First thing is that the SendUsing parameter should be "1" for the
    local server, which you're using if you really are using the IP
    address 127.0.0.1. If you're using a real IP not on the system and
    just put 127.0.0.1 to show us you're sending to an IP, it would be a
    "2".

    Check the SMTP server logs as well. I don't remember off hand if CDO
    code has the issue, but putting the IP address in brackets is required
    for many SMTP settings. Also, make sure the system can resolve the MX
    record of "MyDomain.com" correctly, that's the most common reason
    email sits in the queue.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Jan 24, 2005
    Also, make sure the system can resolve the MX
    record of "MyDomain.com" correctly, that's the most common reason
    email sits in the queue.

    How do I do this? I read something about a smart host in one setting but
    don't knwo wat value to put in this.

    Thx
    Stu

    Stuart Palmer, Jan 25, 2005