    mail from the webserver to people in our facility?

    Thanks,
    Drew

    Drew, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Drew

    Ray at Guest

    What error? And with what snippet of code?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Aug 12, 2004

  3. Drew

    Drew Guest

    Sorry about the lack of details, I was trying to get the question out there
    before I left for lunch...

    Here is the code snippet I used.

    <%
    Dim objCDO
    Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

    objCDO.To = "drew.laingATNOSPAMswvtc.dmhmrsas.virginia.gov"
    objCDO.From = "adminATNOSPAMswvtc.dmhmrsas.virginia.gov"

    Dim txtSubject
    txtSubject = "TESTING CDO Mail"

    objCDO.Subject = "TEST"
    objCDO.Body = txtSubject
    objCDO.Send
    %>

    (I of course used @ instead of ATNOSPAM, just trying to keep my email addy
    from those email address robots!)

    Here is the error I received,

    Error Type:
    (0x80090020)
    An internal error occurred.
    /swvtc/cdotest.asp, line 15

    Line 15 is, objCDO.Send

    Thanks,
    Drew

    message news:%...

    Drew, Aug 12, 2004
  4. For starters, stop using CDONTS.NewMail. See http://www.aspfaq.com/2026 for
    better techniques.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 12, 2004
  5. Drew

    Drew Guest

    If I use the following code,

    <%
    sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"

    Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

    With cdoConfig.Fields
    .Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2 ' cdoSendUsingPort
    .Item(sch & "smtpserver") = "<enter_mail.server_here>"
    .update
    End With

    Set cdoMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

    With cdoMessage
    Set .Configuration = cdoConfig
    .From = "adminATNOSPAMswvtc.dmhmrsas.virginia.gov"
    .To = "drew.laingATNOSPAMswvtc.dmhmrsas.virginia.gov"
    .Subject = "Sample CDO Message"
    .TextBody = "This is a test for CDO.message"
    .Send
    End With

    Set cdoMessage = Nothing
    Set cdoConfig = Nothing
    %>

    I get this error,

    Error Type:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0030)
    Error in loading DLL: 'cdoConfig.Fields'
    /swvtc/cdotest.asp, line 7

    Thanks,
    Drew

    Drew, Aug 12, 2004
  6. What operating system? What service pack?

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 12, 2004
  7. Drew

    Drew Guest

    Windows 2000 Server SP 4

    Thanks,
    Drew

    Drew, Aug 12, 2004
  8. Can you try reinstalling the latest scripting engine 5.6? Maybe that will
    reinstate the relevant DLLs...

    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 12, 2004
  9. Drew

    Drew Guest

    I will, but since I am only the "humble programmer" and I don't have any
    control over the server, I will have to wait until tommarow, or maybe the
    beginning of next week. I really appreciate your time and help on this
    issue. If I continue to have problems after reinstalling scripting engine
    5.6, I will post again.

    Thanks,
    Drew

    Drew, Aug 12, 2004