CDO.Message.1 (0x80004005) Error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by bmguk, Apr 27, 2009.

  1. bmguk

    bmguk Guest

    Hi All

    Bit of an odd one this.
    I have an Intranet application running on Win2k Server which sends
    out
    via email a dynamically created word document to Contract Managers
    (CM) from our Purchasing Manager.(PM)

    How it works is;
    PM searches SQL DB via an order number > data is retrieved and PM
    confirms data is correct > PM enters email address of CM to send to >
    Application then creates the word document and emails the CM with the
    document.

    Nice and simple you would think, if the app is run by a member of the
    Domain Admins group (Me) then it works fine but if it is run by
    someone in Domain Users group then it fails with the following;

    CDO.Message.1 (0x80004005)
    Unspecified error
    /supprev/sendreviewconfirm.asp, line 49

    Line 49 is the Send method of the CDO Object;

    Set myMail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    myMail.Subject = "Supplier Performance Review"
    myMail.From = Session("USERSEMAIL")
    myMail.To = Request.Form("txtEmail")
    myMail.TextBody = varBody
    myMail.AddAttachment Server.MapPath(thePathName)
    Line 49 >>> myMail.Send
    Set myMail = Nothing

    This seems to me a permissions issue but whereabouts, is the question
    as the folder that the app runs in has full access permision for all
    users.

    TIA
    Bren
    bmguk, Apr 27, 2009