    Any ideas? I can provide more info if that would help.

    Thanks.
    , Oct 17, 2005

  2. AlanM Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm working on a classic asp site and am having sending mails in my
    > development environment.
    >
    > In attempting to use CDO.Message the emails usually (but not always)
    > get stuck in my mail Queue folder.
    >
    > Any ideas? I can provide more info if that would help.
    >
    > Thanks.

    that would be more a problem with STMP server
    AlanM, Oct 18, 2005

  3. engwar Guest

    That helps to narrow it down.

    Any ideas how to troubleshoot this or what to do next?

    I don't know anything about SMTP servers.
    engwar, Oct 18, 2005
  4. First, make sure that you have valid e-mail addresses in the From and To
    fields. If the From is blank, IIS's SMTP service will not send the message
    (I believe). The From address must be name@domain format, or Name
    <name@domain>.

    Look in the event logs on the server for SMTP errors.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 18, 2005
  5. Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 17 Oct 2005 15:21:20 -0700, wrote:

    >I'm working on a classic asp site and am having sending mails in my
    >development environment.
    >
    >In attempting to use CDO.Message the emails usually (but not always)
    >get stuck in my mail Queue folder.
    >
    >Any ideas? I can provide more info if that would help.

    FAQ: http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2268

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Oct 22, 2005