CDO.Message on development server

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Stuart Palmer, Dec 24, 2004.

  1. Hi Everyone,
    Have a mail script using cdo.message working fine on my hosts system,
    however, on my development machine when I try to send the mail (obMail.Send
    line) I get this error:

    error '8004020f'

    Looking into it it looks like something to do with a users token? But not
    sure 1) what that means and 2) how to set it.

    Ideally it would be good if i could send the mail to any address without
    pushing the emial onto the servers system so it would be picked up by my
    domain suppliers email forwarding service rather than my hosts pop mail
    service, but I think these issues are kind of seperate.

    So questions:
    1) How do I get cdo.message working on my development machine?
    2) Is there a way to force an email from my host to not get trapped in their
    pop mail service and send it externally to be forwarded by my domain
    suppliers forwarding service?

    Many thx

    Stu

    Stuart Palmer, Dec 24, 2004