    instead of the SMTP protocol? If yes, then how? If no, then is there
    any other way to send e-mails in ASP using the HTTP protocol?

    , May 4, 2007

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Using CDO.MESSAGE, can e-mails in ASP be sent using the HTTP protocol
    > instead of the SMTP protocol? If yes, then how? If no, then is there
    > any other way to send e-mails in ASP using the HTTP protocol?

    You would need a web mail service provider to supply an HTTP based API to
    allow that. Microsoft, Google and Yahoo may have an API you can use.

    Are you sure that's what you really need? What's wrong with bog standard
    SMTP? Firewall issues?

    Anthony Jones, May 4, 2007

    On May 4, 12:31 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Using CDO.MESSAGE, can e-mails in ASP be sent using the HTTP protocol
    > > instead of the SMTP protocol? If yes, then how? If no, then is there
    > > any other way to send e-mails in ASP using the HTTP protocol?

    > You would need a web mail service provider to supply an HTTP based API to
    > allow that. Microsoft, Google and Yahoo may have an API you can use.
    >
    > Are you sure that's what you really need? What's wrong with bog standard
    > SMTP? Firewall issues?

    Nothing's wrong with SMTP; it's working fine. It was just my
    inquisitiveness which prompted me to ask this question.

    Thanks,

    Regards,

    RON

    , May 4, 2007