CDO.MESSAGE With HTTP Protocol

rn5a

Using CDO.MESSAGE, can e-mails in ASP be sent using the HTTP protocol
instead of the SMTP protocol? If yes, then how? If no, then is there
any other way to send e-mails in ASP using the HTTP protocol?

Anthony Jones

Using CDO.MESSAGE, can e-mails in ASP be sent using the HTTP protocol
instead of the SMTP protocol? If yes, then how? If no, then is there
any other way to send e-mails in ASP using the HTTP protocol?

You would need a web mail service provider to supply an HTTP based API to
allow that. Microsoft, Google and Yahoo may have an API you can use.

Are you sure that's what you really need? What's wrong with bog standard
SMTP? Firewall issues?

rn5a

You would need a web mail service provider to supply an HTTP based API to
allow that. Microsoft, Google and Yahoo may have an API you can use.

Are you sure that's what you really need? What's wrong with bog standard
SMTP? Firewall issues?

Nothing's wrong with SMTP; it's working fine. It was just my
inquisitiveness which prompted me to ask this question.

Thanks,

Regards,

RON