CDO.message

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Hugh Welford, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. Hugh Welford

    Hugh Welford Guest

    Hi,

    I am modifying my CDONTS code to use CDO.message. This works fine except
    that it wont seem to let me send a copy of the e-mail to my-self. With
    CDONTS i had no problems with this. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in
    advance, Hugh
    The code I am using is as follows:-
    Set cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

    With cdoConfig.Fields

    ..Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort

    ..Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "pegasus.intonet.co.uk"

    ..Update

    End With

    Set cdoMessage = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")

    With cdoMessage

    Set.Configuration = cdoConfig

    ..From = ""

    ..To = objrec("email")

    ..cc = ""

    ..Subject = "Welcome to The Andropause Society"

    ..HTMLBody = thetext

    ..Send

    End With

    Set cdoMessage = Nothing

    Set cdoConfig = Nothing

    Hugh Welford, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Hugh Welford

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    What happens?
    - Do you get an error? What is it?
    - Do you get nothing?
    - Do you get something but not what you expect?

    Cheers
    Ken

    "Hugh Welford" <> wrote in message
    : Hi,
    :

    Ken Schaefer, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Hugh Welford

    Hugh Welford Guest

    Hi Ken,
    Thanks for answering.
    I get nothing. No error, no crash, no hang just nothing. The primary
    addressee receives his message perfectly, while the copied addressee
    receives nothing.

    Repeating the test, but copying to an addressee in another domain works
    fine.

    Using CDONTS this problem didnt arise, and copies to the same domain arrived
    perfectly.

    Regards Hugh

    Hugh Welford, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Hugh Welford

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    Is there anything in the mailroot folders on the server?

[...]
    : >
    : > Cheers
    : > Ken
    : >
    : >
    : > "Hugh Welford" <> wrote in message
    : > news:...
    : > : Hi,
    : > :

    Ken Schaefer, Dec 12, 2003
  5. Hugh Welford

    Hugh Welford Guest

    Hi Ken... I very shamefacedly have to admit that, following your line of
    enquiry thro to the end, I found that the copies were arriving OK, but due
    to a conflict in the M/S OUTLOOK rules, were being sent un-noticed to a
    catch-all directory.

    Thanks for your help all the same. Very grateful. Regards Hugh

    Hugh Welford, Dec 12, 2003