CDO messages - migrated to Exchange 2003 - quit working

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Tom Petersen, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Tom Petersen

    Tom Petersen Guest

    Our person who hosts our email recently migrated to Exchange 2003 and my ASP
    emailing code quit working. I was getting this error:
    CDO.Message.1 (0x80040213)
    The transport failed to connect to the server.
    Because I forgot to change the server name here:
    With cdoConfig.Fields
    .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
    .Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "mail.whatever.com"
    .Update
    End With

    I changed the server name, and that was the only code I changed and now I
    get this:
    Error Type:
    (0x8004020F)
    It's failing on the .Send

    Here is the applicable code.
    <!--METADATA TYPE="typelib" UUID="CD000000-8B95-11D1-82DB-00C04FB1625D"
    NAME="CDO for Windows 2000 Library" -->

    Set cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

    With cdoConfig.Fields
    .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
    .Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "correct.mail.com"
    .Update
    End With

    Set cdoMessage = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    With cdoMessage
    Set .Configuration = cdoConfig
    .From = strEmail
    .To = "; "
    .Cc = strmEmail
    .Subject = "Maintenance Request"
    .TextBody = strBody
    .Send
    End With
    Set cdoMessage = Nothing
    Set cdoConfig = Nothing

    I don't know if cdoSendUsingPort is set or if that is a constant (25), just
    that it worked before.
    Is it possible the Exchange Server is blocking anything or not now that I
    don't get the 1st error?

    Tom Petersen, Nov 17, 2003