CDONTS Alternate SMTP Name

Thom Little

I have an ASP 3 application that submits mail using CDONTS and it works
flawlessly on a server that has the SMTP set to the default.

I need to run it from another server and it does not use the default SMTP
name.

Is there a technique for specifying the SMTP name in CDONTS or am I required
to convert the application to ASP.NET to use the obvious >>
SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.whatever"

I am really hoping to simply have a technique to specify the server name.

[MSFT]

Hello,

The CDONTS library only uses the SMTPSVC/1 settings in the metabase, which
holds the settings for the default SMTP site. CDONTS was designed for use
with Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 and Internet Information Server (IIS) version
4.0, and was ported to Windows 2000 for backward compatibility with
existing code. I suggest you may consider CDO or SmtpMail in .NET instead.

Luke

Thom Little

Thank you for confirming what I suspected. I will rewrite it as an ASP.NET
application.