CDONTS and Japanese Characters

Dooza

Hi there,
I have a funny problem that I need some advice on.

I have a UK colo server, with UK regional settings. We have several
forms setup (ASP/VBScript) that are request more information type forms.

We have recently setup an office in Asia, and have created a website for
them on our UK based server. They too want a request more information
form. What do I need to do to enable Japanese characters to be sent
through an form to an ASP page that uses CDONTS to sent emails?

So far I have set on the form page and the sending page:

When I use <% @CODEPAGE=932%> at the top of the sending page the output
is even worse, I get stuff like this where the data should be:
?????item_field[company]=??????item_field[address]=?????

What is worse is that the recipient is going to be accessing the emails
from a OWA server in the UK, but they do have a Hotmail account that
they have access to.

Any advice is welcome.

Cheers,

Steve

Dooza

Dooza said:
[...]

I have it working now, I didn't use the codepage part, I just added this
to the sending part:

MailObj.BodyPart.CharSet = "shift_jis"

OWA was happy showing the Japanese characters too!

Steve