    Chad Lupkes

    http://www.chadlupkes.com/ (Under Construction, of course)

    ---
    Chad Lupkes, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Chad Lupkes

    Tim Williams Guest

    Try looking at CDO instead - AFAIK CDONTS is pretty much replaced by that.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dncdo121/html/collabdataobjs.asp
    Tim

    "Chad Lupkes" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm trying to get a better understanding of how to use CDONTS on a web
    > server, and I find that I don't have it installed on my own. I'm running

    XP
    > Pro w/ IIS 5.1. Where can I go to install what I need to get it to work

    on

    Tim Williams, Jul 6, 2003

  3. > I've heard that, but CDONTS is the only email service available on the
    > server that the website uses, so I need to learn how to use it anyway.

    Then you'll need to develop on a compatible development machine. (Why isn't
    CDO.Message available on the deployment server?)

    Or, you could write code that conditionally tests for the operating system
    (or the machine name). You could even encapsulate this functionality in an
    include file so you don't have remnant pieces of code all over the place,
    just one function that either decides which function to use at runtime, or a
    different include file in each environment.

    For CDO.Message syntax, see http://www.aspfaq.com/2026 (scroll down to the
    part that talks about Windows XP).
    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Jul 6, 2003
  4. > Nonsense.