CDONTS for IIS 5.1

Chad Lupkes

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a better understanding of how to use CDONTS on a web
server, and I find that I don't have it installed on my own. I'm running XP
Pro w/ IIS 5.1. Where can I go to install what I need to get it to work on
my system?

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

I've heard that, but CDONTS is the only email service available on the
server that the website uses, so I need to learn how to use it anyway.

Then you'll need to develop on a compatible development machine. (Why isn't
CDO.Message available on the deployment server?)

Or, you could write code that conditionally tests for the operating system
(or the machine name). You could even encapsulate this functionality in an
include file so you don't have remnant pieces of code all over the place,
just one function that either decides which function to use at runtime, or a
different include file in each environment.

For CDO.Message syntax, see http://www.aspfaq.com/2026 (scroll down to the
part that talks about Windows XP).