CDONTS Mail.CC question

Tom Petersen

Hello

The code itself is working, this is more of a cosmetic thing for me...
lets say objRS("memail") = (e-mail address removed)

strEmail = objRS("memail") & ";[email protected]"
Mail.CC= strEmail

When the person (Mail.To) get's the message, the header only shows the objRS
value, followed by a semicolon, the bill.clinton address doesn't show up,
although he does get the email.

So, if the 'to' was for Sally Brown, when she get's the email, she only
see's one name on the CC line, in this case tom.petersen, she doesn't know
it went to bill.clinton as well, unless of course she does a reply to all,
then his name will show in the CC part.

Again, the code works, but I am trying ot get it to display right and was
wondering if it's the code, as it usually is in my case!
TIA!

Tom Petersen

The CC line is there, and is only showing one name plus a semi colon, but it
should be showing two names.

Ray at

The user should see the CC line unless he has chosen to not view that field.
Are you saying that the person sees this?

From: (e-mail address removed)
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: whatever

And there is no CC line? Or is the CC line blank?

Ray at work

Tom Petersen

The Response.Write does show correctly, i.e.,
(e-mail address removed);[email protected]
So when I get the mail and do a reply to all, including coming to my self,
and once I get it in my inbox, both names do show up.

So, email from Outlook client via Exchange server works fine
but email from Form via CDONTS and SMTP doesn't display properly.
Still not quite sure how it could work, but not display properly. As you
say, peculiar

Ray at

The only other thing that I can suggest is putting a space after the ;, but
I really don't think that'd make a difference. I just executed this code,
and I got an e-mail with a To line with both addresses.

<%

<%
Set oCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
oCDO.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
oCDO.To = "(e-mail address removed); (e-mail address removed)"
oCDO.Subject = "TEst"
oCDO.TextBody = "test"
oCDO.Send
Set oCDO = Nothing
%>

(but with valid domains)

Ray at work

Tom Petersen

Ray, I'm an idiot, my preview pane wasn't wide enough, both names are there,
sorry!