CDONTS not working using other SMTP Server

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by M P, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. M P

    M P Guest

    Need help! Whats wrong with my code? My plan is this, I have my IIS5.0 on
    Server A and then I will use SMTP service of Server B. I already configured
    IIS to use Server B as its SMTP Server but I got this error :

    Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)
    Permission denied

    Can you check my code:

    <%
    DIM sBody, sFrom, sSender, sSubject, sTo, x
    sBody = "Test content body, will it work"
    sFrom = ""
    sSender = ""
    sSubject = "Test"
    sTo = ""

    DIM iMsg
    Set iMsg = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

    With iMsg
    .To = sTo
    .From = sFrom
    .Subject = sSubject
    .Body = sBody
    .Send
    End With
    %>

    M P, Feb 20, 2004

  2. M P

    Ray at Guest

    Be sure that the IUSR account has permissions to write files to
    \inetpub\mailroot\pickup.

    Also see a couple other threads from earlier today with these subject lines:

    Help! CDO.Send returns error '8004020f' -- why???

    CDO.Send - does not appear to work sending to outside domains.

    Also see the second paragraph here if your site is not on an NT 4 server.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2026

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Feb 20, 2004

  3. HI,
    If you want to use smtp from another server you need to configure the
    INTELLIGENT HOST to the matching
    adrees in: properties of iis 5.0 smtp server/deliver/advanced
    so there you will find the option INTELLIGENT HOST to put the address to
    solve your deleverings.
    bye

    Vlmar Brazão de Oliveira
    Desenvolvimento Web
    HI-TEC

    Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira, Feb 20, 2004
  4. M P

    Ray at Guest

    This is also sometimes known as a SMART HOST. ;]

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Feb 20, 2004
  5. M P

    M P Guest

    Do i need to have SMTP Service from IIS? Or can I use other SMTP service
    from other apps like MS Exchange on other machine? If yes, how ?

    M P, Feb 23, 2004
  6. M P

    Ray at Guest

    You have to have SMTP installed on a server that your server can access and
    is authorized to use. It doesn't have to be on your web server. My
    intranet server, for example, I just have our Exchange server setup as a
    smarthost. Now, that does mean that my intranet server is still using its
    own smtp service, but all it's doing with the e-mails is relaying them over
    to our Exchange server which then handles the message delivery.

    See http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2119 and the links in it.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Feb 23, 2004
  7. M P

    M P Guest

    Now I understand! Thanks a lot Ray! Now I can send using ASP using CDO.

    message news:#HT16Wh#...

    M P, Feb 24, 2004