CDONTS not working!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Bruce W...1, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Bruce W...1

    Bruce W...1 Guest

    From what I can tell I have IIS setup right to relay email thru my ISP's
    SMTP server.

    I made a couple of ASP web pages to send the email, copied verbatim from
    here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q186/2/04.ASP&NoWebContent=1

    This is actually my third attempt with three different code samples and
    I still get the same result, nothing. The script says "mail sent
    succesfully".

    My mailroot\Badmail and Drop directories are empty, and there are no
    errors in the event log.

    I also uploaded the mail pages to another server where I know that
    CDONTS works right but nothing is sent from there either.

    I'm perplexed. Can anyone tell me how I might diagnose or fix this
    problem?

    Thanks for your help.
    Bruce W...1, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Use CDO.Message
    www.aspfaq.com/2026

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Nov 3, 2003

  3. Bruce W...1

    Bruce W...1 Guest

    Thanks but ummmm, never mind. All my messages just came thru, 3 hours
    after I sent them. Something out of my control must not be working
    right.
    Bruce W...1, Nov 3, 2003
  4. I just wanted say thanks!

    I've been trying to get CDO to work on my test machine off and on now for a
    week..

    Finally.

    :)

    Fredrick Questall, Nov 4, 2003