    Why with the numeric URL, CDONTS does not send the mail??

    Thanks

    Mario
    Mario Leduc, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Mario Leduc

    Ray at Guest

    Is that really all that's different? Can you show your code? Any SMTP
    events in any event logs on the server? And bad mail in the badmail
    directory? Are you on an NT server? If not, have you tried using CDO
    instead of CDONTS?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Mario Leduc

    Mario Leduc Guest

    Here is the code
    Dim rqEmail, rqSubject, rqBody, interface
    rqEmail = Request.Form("email")
    rqSubject = Request.Form("subject")
    rqBody = Request.Form("body")
    rqInterface = Request.Form("interface")

    rqBody = rqBody & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & "<site1>"

    Dim objMail
    Set objMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

    objMail.From = rqEmail
    objMail.To = ""
    objMail.Subject = rqSubject
    objMail.MailFormat = 1
    objMail.BodyFormat = 1
    objMail.Body = rqBody

    On error resume next
    objMail.Send
    Set objMail = nothing

    If rqInterface = "2" Then
    Response.Redirect("/contactus/thanks_f.asp")
    Else
    Response.Redirect("/contactus/thanks_e.asp")
    End If

    Whats the diference between CDO and CDONTS anyway?

    Thanks

    Mario Leduc, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Mario Leduc

    Ray at Guest

    Where does the IP address come from?

    Try this modified version for debugging purposes:

    Dim rqEmail, rqSubject, rqBody, interface
    rqEmail = Request.Form("email")
    rqSubject = Request.Form("subject")
    rqBody = Request.Form("body")
    rqInterface = Request.Form("interface")

    rqBody = rqBody & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & "<site1>"

    RESPONSE.WRITE "EMAIL: " & rqEmail & "<hr>"
    RESPONSE.WRITE "SUBJECT: " & rsSubject & "<hr>"
    RESPONSE.WRITE "BODY: " & rqBody & "<hr>"

    Dim objMail
    Set objMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

    objMail.From = rqEmail
    objMail.To = ""
    objMail.Subject = rqSubject
    objMail.MailFormat = 1
    objMail.BodyFormat = 1
    objMail.Body = rqBody

    '' On error resume next THIS IS COMMENTED OUT, SINCE YOU'RE DEBUGGING...
    objMail.Send
    Set objMail = nothing

    RESPONSE.END

    If rqInterface = "2" Then
    Response.Redirect("/contactus/thanks_f.asp")
    Else
    Response.Redirect("/contactus/thanks_e.asp")
    End If

    What's rq?

    > Whats the diference between CDO and CDONTS anyway?

    CDONTS = old technology
    CDO = new technology

    See here:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2026
    And if you miss the link, also see here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810702

    Ray at work
    Ray at, Jan 22, 2004
  5. Mario Leduc

    Mario Leduc Guest

    I converted to CDO still not working when I put something like this in the
    body
    http://192.168.0.2/

    but if I put http://www.domain.com/ it worked?

    Here is the code

    Dim rqEmail, rqSubject, rqBody, interface
    rqEmail = Request.Form("email")
    rqSubject = Request.Form("subject")
    rqBody = Request.Form("body")
    rqInterface = Request.Form("interface")

    rqBody = rqBody & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & "<site1>"

    Response.Write "Email = " & rqEmail & "<BR>"
    Response.Write "Subject = " & rqSubject & "<BR>"
    Response.Write "Body = " & rqBody & "<BR>"

    Dim cdoMessage
    Set cdoMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

    With cdoMessage
    .From = rqEmail
    .To = ""
    .Subject = rqSubject
    .TextBody = rqBody
    .Send
    End With

    Set cdoMessage = Nothing

    rq stands for request
    only for differentiate from body

    Mario Leduc, Jan 22, 2004
  6. Mario Leduc

    Ray at Guest

    Any SMTP
    events in any event logs on the server? And bad mail in the badmail
    directory?

    Try this modified version for debugging purposes:

    Dim rqEmail, rqSubject, rqBody, interface
    rqEmail = Request.Form("email")
    rqSubject = Request.Form("subject")
    rqBody = Request.Form("body")
    rqInterface = Request.Form("interface")

    rqBody = rqBody & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & "<site1>"

    RESPONSE.WRITE "EMAIL: " & rqEmail & "<hr>"
    RESPONSE.WRITE "SUBJECT: " & rsSubject & "<hr>"
    RESPONSE.WRITE "BODY: " & rqBody & "<hr>"

    Dim objMail
    Set objMail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

    objMail.From = rqEmail
    objMail.To = ""
    objMail.Subject = rqSubject
    objMail.TextyBody = rqBody

    Ray at, Jan 22, 2004
  7. Mario Leduc

    Mario Leduc Guest

    SMTP event log does not contains any error nor that any badmail in the bad
    mail folder

    Tried your debug code, can see the body with the http://192.168.0.1/ in the
    response.write, but the mail was not sent??

    If I put 192.168.0.1 without the http:// it worked??

    Is it a bug of CDO??

    Mario Leduc, Jan 22, 2004
  8. Mario Leduc

    Ray at Guest

    Is the mail in the pickup directory or the queue directory? I suppose it
    could be a bug.

    Ray at, Jan 22, 2004