CDONTS strangeness

Stimp

I'm trying to send a mail using CDONTS with a .FROM email
address that doesn't exist (like (e-mail address removed)), but it won't send
the mail unless I put a valid .FROM email address (i.e. of an email
address that exists)

The mails I try to send on the Windows 2000 server are moved into the
mailroot/Badmail folder as spam.. so this would seem to be a built-in
spam prevention tool that CDONTS employs.

This would be fine, if it always worked, but sometimes perfectly correct
email addresses don't work either.

Is there any way to disable this spam-prevention so that I can send
emails no matter what the .FROM email address is?

Thanks!

Tarren

Is there a specific reason you are using CDONTS instead of System.Web.Mail?

Also, there is no way the outgoing server can verify if an email exists or
not, it can do a lookup on the dns and see if the outgoing domain exists,
but not the email address.

In dealing with CDONTS in the past, this is more specifically an IIS issue
not an ASP .NET issue, since you need to configure your smtp server
correctly and verify the server. You might have better luck in the iis
newsgroup.