    fails for an unknown reason.

    Any advice or opinions on what I could try to fix this would be much
    appreciated.

    Sin Precedente, Apr 27, 2007

  2. "Sin Precedente" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a win2k server with multiple domains on it many of which have a
    > generic contact us page with a form that when submitted calls an .asp
    > page that utilizes CDONTS. These pages have worked extremely well in
    > the past until a couple days ago when all of a sudden every time that
    > page is called i'm getting event 4000 in source smtpsvc Message
    > delivery to the remote domain 'mydomain.com' failed for the following
    > reason: Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS.
    >
    > The mail just gets dropped into the queue and eventually into
    > badmail. I've found lots of other people on the web who have
    > encounter similar problems but have found no solution yet. I've
    > restarted SMTP, restarted DNS client, restarted the server,
    > everything, played with settings and still am getting this error.
    > Which is bizarre because it was working great until out of nowhere it
    > fails for an unknown reason.
    >
    > Any advice or opinions on what I could try to fix this would be much
    > appreciated.

    Logon to the server having the problem
    Run... nslookup

    >set querytype=MX
    >mydomain.com

    You should get the host name and the IP of the server that handles this mail
    domain.
    If you don't get anything or what you get is not correct then that wiil be
    the problem.

    Anthony Jones, Apr 28, 2007

  3. Ok thanks for the reply, i've done that and i've got a host name and
    IP of the server that handles this mail, but what do I do with this
    info as I still don't have a solution? Is the problem then with that
    host name?

    Sin Precedente, Apr 28, 2007
  4. "Sin Precedente" <> wrote in message
    > Ok thanks for the reply, i've done that and i've got a host name and
    > IP of the server that handles this mail, but what do I do with this
    > info as I still don't have a solution? Is the problem then with that
    > host name?

    The purpose of the exercise was to check that the server was able to resolve
    the mail domain name to an IP address of a host server. Another objective
    was for you to take a look at the resolved info and confirm that it is
    resolving the correct server.

    Anthony Jones, Apr 29, 2007
  5. Ok, it does resolve, and it is resolving the correct server, the same
    server it resolved in the past when all the forms were working. Any
    other ideas?

    Sin Precedente, Apr 29, 2007