CDONTS

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. Use CDO.Message (see www.aspfaq.com/2026) and ask them where they have a
    valid SMTP server running. Use that server to send mail.

    CDONTS has been deprecated, is no longer shipping with Windows XP, Windows
    Server 2003, etc. and should be avoided.

    "hugh Welford" <> wrote in message
    > Hi...I am currently trying to have the CDONTS facility activated by my
    > web-host (it has previously worked very well with another host, and is
    > crucial to the site).
    >
    > I have received the following reason for it not working : " there is

    already
    > an e-mail server running on the server and when I try to start the

    'Virtual
    > SMTP Server' under IIS it fails. The e-mails from the web site are being
    > sent to a local directory on the server but appear to be staying there as
    > there is no transport to relay it further. As I explained there is

    already
    > a mail server running on this server, is there a way of getting your web
    > page to use this server to send. "
    >
    > Can any one help with this??? Is another e-mail server running on the

    server

    hugh Welford, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    TomB Guest

    If Aaron's solution doesn't work (which would only be because the server is
    NT4) find out what type of mail server they are running. Most have some
    sort of API.

    TomB, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Aaron Bertrand - MVP

    hugh Welford Guest