CDONTS

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Use CDO.Message (see www.aspfaq.com/2026) and ask them where they have a
valid SMTP server running. Use that server to send mail.

CDONTS has been deprecated, is no longer shipping with Windows XP, Windows
Server 2003, etc. and should be avoided.

hugh Welford

Hi...I am currently trying to have the CDONTS facility activated by my
web-host (it has previously worked very well with another host, and is
crucial to the site).

I have received the following reason for it not working : " there is already
an e-mail server running on the server and when I try to start the 'Virtual
SMTP Server' under IIS it fails. The e-mails from the web site are being
sent to a local directory on the server but appear to be staying there as
there is no transport to relay it further. As I explained there is already
a mail server running on this server, is there a way of getting your web
page to use this server to send. "

Can any one help with this??? Is another e-mail server running on the server
hosting my site a reason for CDONTS not working? If so, is there a way
round it??? Would J-mail be a better option?

Thanks a million in advance. Hugh

TomB

If Aaron's solution doesn't work (which would only be because the server is
NT4) find out what type of mail server they are running. Most have some
sort of API.

hugh Welford

Thanks Tom