CDONTS

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by SimonW, Feb 16, 2007.

  1. SimonW

    SimonW Guest

    Platform WinSVR 2003 IIS 6

    Having installed and registered CDONTS.dll in \system32, I am still
    experiencing the following error message when runnng the intranet web site.
    (And my boss is getting edgy with me)

    ============================

    Processing..........

    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a004c'

    Path not found

    /po/SaveAddPO.asp, line 139

    ============================

    Line 139 is as follows

    138 set fso = server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    139 set file = fso_OpenTextFile(strFileName,ForWriting ,true)

    I have worked thru Knowledgebase Articles 197619, 286301 (Except 197964,
    which I don't like the look of) with no

    result.

    Both IUSR_MachineName and IWAM_Machinename have read/write permissions for
    the Access Database & its Temp folder.

    Can anyone indicate where I'm going wrong. TIA,Simon
    SimonW, Feb 16, 2007

  2. SimonW

    Mike Brind Guest

    "SimonW" <> wrote in message
    > Platform WinSVR 2003 IIS 6
    >
    > Having installed and registered CDONTS.dll in \system32, I am still
    > experiencing the following error message when runnng the intranet web
    > site.
    > (And my boss is getting edgy with me)
    >
    > ============================
    >
    > Processing..........
    >

    > Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a004c'
    >
    > Path not found
    >
    > /po/SaveAddPO.asp, line 139
    >
    > ============================
    >
    > Line 139 is as follows
    >
    > 138 set fso = server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    > 139 set file = fso_OpenTextFile(strFileName,ForWriting ,true)
    >
    > I have worked thru Knowledgebase Articles 197619, 286301 (Except 197964,
    > which I don't like the look of) with no
    >
    > result.
    >
    > Both IUSR_MachineName and IWAM_Machinename have read/write permissions for
    > the Access Database & its Temp folder.
    >
    > Can anyone indicate where I'm going wrong. TIA,Simon

    Have you done a response.write strFileName to ensure it holds the value you
    expect?

    Also, you mentioned installing CDONTS. Did the unaltered code work before
    this install? And why did you install a deprecated mailing component?

    Finally, what has Access got to do with your error?

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Feb 16, 2007

  3. SimonW

    Patrick Guest

    Yeah, I have to agree with Mike here - it looks like you're chasing
    something that isn't the cause of your problem. You're not getting an error
    message relating to CDONTS or Access, you're getting an error on the
    OpenTextFile. I bet if you check your strFileName you will see the problem
    in the path.

    Patrick, Feb 16, 2007
  4. SimonW

    SimonW Guest

    Thanks to you both. I mentioned Access because a connection is being opened
    in the same script, and I was worried it was a permissions thing. Now you
    say it, it does look like it's something in the script - I'm aware that
    CDONTS is depriciated, this applicatin is handed down from head office and
    I'm sure there's some history with it. I'm new to the company. I will look
    again at the script. many thanks, Simon

    SimonW, Feb 17, 2007
  5. SimonW

    SimonW Guest

    Hi, I thought I'd let you know I fixed the problem. It was the IIS site
    Application Pool being Default and not Exchange, as we are on WinSvr 2003. I
    googled the 'Access Denied' error message having worked towards a result some
    way, and found a similar sole to myself on the Thomas Brunt OutFront Website.
    It's proved a usefull place to visit in the past and will do so again next
    time I need a 'second head'...

    Thanks fellas, Simon

    SimonW, Feb 19, 2007