CDONTS

SimonW

Platform WinSVR 2003 IIS 6

Having installed and registered CDONTS.dll in \system32, I am still
experiencing the following error message when runnng the intranet web site.
(And my boss is getting edgy with me)

============================

Processing..........

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a004c'

Path not found

/po/SaveAddPO.asp, line 139

============================

Line 139 is as follows

138 set fso = server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
139 set file = fso_OpenTextFile(strFileName,ForWriting ,true)

I have worked thru Knowledgebase Articles 197619, 286301 (Except 197964,
which I don't like the look of) with no

result.

Both IUSR_MachineName and IWAM_Machinename have read/write permissions for
the Access Database & its Temp folder.

Can anyone indicate where I'm going wrong. TIA,Simon

Mike Brind

SimonW said:
[...]

Have you done a response.write strFileName to ensure it holds the value you
expect?

Also, you mentioned installing CDONTS. Did the unaltered code work before
this install? And why did you install a deprecated mailing component?

Finally, what has Access got to do with your error?

Patrick

Yeah, I have to agree with Mike here - it looks like you're chasing
something that isn't the cause of your problem. You're not getting an error
message relating to CDONTS or Access, you're getting an error on the
OpenTextFile. I bet if you check your strFileName you will see the problem
in the path.

SimonW

Thanks to you both. I mentioned Access because a connection is being opened
in the same script, and I was worried it was a permissions thing. Now you
say it, it does look like it's something in the script - I'm aware that
CDONTS is depriciated, this applicatin is handed down from head office and
I'm sure there's some history with it. I'm new to the company. I will look
again at the script. many thanks, Simon

Patrick said:
Yeah, I have to agree with Mike here - it looks like you're chasing
something that isn't the cause of your problem. You're not getting an error
message relating to CDONTS or Access, you're getting an error on the
OpenTextFile. I bet if you check your strFileName you will see the problem
in the path.

SimonW

Hi, I thought I'd let you know I fixed the problem. It was the IIS site
Application Pool being Default and not Exchange, as we are on WinSvr 2003. I
googled the 'Access Denied' error message having worked towards a result some
way, and found a similar sole to myself on the Thomas Brunt OutFront Website.
It's proved a usefull place to visit in the past and will do so again next
time I need a 'second head'...

Thanks fellas, Simon