CDOSYS Access Denied on objMail.Send

Ray Paganini

I'm running IIS 6.0 with Exchange 2003. One web site
that is hosting is trying to use the new CDO method of
sending e-mail.

SMTP Service is working fine for Exchange, but for web
sites on the same box using code below generates:

CDO.Message.1 error '80070005'

Access is denied.

/test.asp, line 15

Site: http://www.ytr.com/test.asp

Code:

<%
Dim objMail
set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
objMail.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
objMail.Subject = "CDOSYS Mail Message"
objMail.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
objMail.TextBody = "Hello World"
objMail.Send
set objMail = nothing

%>

Ray at

When you have an error like this to post, please indicate the line on which
the error is occurring.

Make sure that your IUSR account has NTFS permissions to write to the
\inetpub\mailroot\pickup directory, assuming that this same directory
structure is still used on WS2003.

Ray at home