CDOSYS Access Denied on objMail.Send

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Ray Paganini, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. Ray Paganini

    Ray Paganini Guest

    I'm running IIS 6.0 with Exchange 2003. One web site
    that is hosting is trying to use the new CDO method of
    sending e-mail.

    SMTP Service is working fine for Exchange, but for web
    sites on the same box using code below generates:

    CDO.Message.1 error '80070005'

    Access is denied.

    /test.asp, line 15

    Site: http://www.ytr.com/test.asp

    Code:

    <%
    Dim objMail
    set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    objMail.From = ""
    objMail.Subject = "CDOSYS Mail Message"
    objMail.To = ""
    objMail.TextBody = "Hello World"
    objMail.Send
    set objMail = nothing

    %>

    Ray Paganini, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Ray Paganini

    Ray at Guest

    When you have an error like this to post, please indicate the line on which
    the error is occurring.

    Make sure that your IUSR account has NTFS permissions to write to the
    \inetpub\mailroot\pickup directory, assuming that this same directory
    structure is still used on WS2003.

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Nov 21, 2003