CDOSys and Hotmail

Saf

I have an asp registration form, generating a html email, using cdosys.

When a hotmail user registers they receive an empty email or so it
seems, until you forward the email then the contents appeas as if by
magic. Is this a problm in the way my asp page is generating the email
or is it a settings issue with the hotmail account

Regards

Saf

Adrienne Boswell

I have an asp registration form, generating a html email, using cdosys.

When a hotmail user registers they receive an empty email or so it
seems, until you forward the email then the contents appeas as if by
magic. Is this a problm in the way my asp page is generating the email
or is it a settings issue with the hotmail account

Regards

Saf

Plain text is always better because:
a) it cannot contain viruses
b) it is not suseptible to web based mail problems like the one your
describe (1)

Try sending the mail to other providers, and try looking at the message in
a browser (not through web based mail). Try validating the message to see
if there are any huge markup errors that might be causing Hotmail to choke
on it.

(1) I had an issue once where Hotmail was deleting the CSS in the Head
section of an HTML message.

Saf

Adrienne

Thanks for the responce, I've tried it with most email yahoo, lycos
etc, and the only poblem I have is with Hotmail

And the link below youe name doent work

Saf

Slim

Saf said:
Adrienne

Thanks for the responce, I've tried it with most email yahoo, lycos
etc, and the only poblem I have is with Hotmail

And the link below youe name doent work

Saf

hotmail removes some things from your emails, such as absolute positioning