    or is it a settings issue with the hotmail account

    Regards

    Saf

    Saf, Mar 16, 2006

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Saf" <>
    writing in news::

    > I have an asp registration form, generating a html email, using cdosys.
    >
    > When a hotmail user registers they receive an empty email or so it
    > seems, until you forward the email then the contents appeas as if by
    > magic. Is this a problm in the way my asp page is generating the email
    > or is it a settings issue with the hotmail account
    >
    > Regards
    >

    > Saf

    Plain text is always better because:
    a) it cannot contain viruses
    b) it is not suseptible to web based mail problems like the one your
    describe (1)

    Try sending the mail to other providers, and try looking at the message in
    a browser (not through web based mail). Try validating the message to see
    if there are any huge markup errors that might be causing Hotmail to choke
    on it.

    (1) I had an issue once where Hotmail was deleting the CSS in the Head
    section of an HTML message.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 16, 2006

  3. Saf

    Saf Guest

    Adrienne

    Thanks for the responce, I've tried it with most email yahoo, lycos
    etc, and the only poblem I have is with Hotmail

    And the link below youe name doent work

    Saf

    Saf, Mar 17, 2006
  4. Saf

    Slim Guest

    "Saf" <> wrote in message
    > Adrienne
    >
    > Thanks for the responce, I've tried it with most email yahoo, lycos
    > etc, and the only poblem I have is with Hotmail
    >
    > And the link below youe name doent work
    >
    > Saf

    hotmail removes some things from your emails, such as absolute positioning

    Slim, Mar 17, 2006