CDOSYS forms

Basr

My provider removed suddenly the CDONTS from the server. Now I have to
change my forms and I have to use the CDOSYS functionaltity

Till now I used one script that could do the work with one page. I could
send all my forms to that page and this page conveyed all the input by
email.

Now I want to make a script that can do the same job. This is too diffucult
for me. I can make a script for the normal input for email forms but I want
to use forms with far more variables than To, From, Message, etc..

Can someone show me the way to an example of such a script?
Thanks in advance
Marcel

Mike Brind

Basr said:
My provider removed suddenly the CDONTS from the server. Now I have to
change my forms and I have to use the CDOSYS functionaltity

Till now I used one script that could do the work with one page. I could
send all my forms to that page and this page conveyed all the input by
email.

Now I want to make a script that can do the same job. This is too
diffucult
for me. I can make a script for the normal input for email forms but I
want
to use forms with far more variables than To, From, Message, etc..

Can someone show me the way to an example of such a script?
Thanks in advance
Marcel

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=cdosys&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

Basr said:
Thanks Mike, it will take six weeks to find what I'm looking for!

Marcel

No kidding?

The first link on google shows what you need.

Basr

Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS) said:
No kidding?

The first link on google shows what you need.

Thanks
the first item of the link that was given by Mike gives scrips that sends a
message from the webmaster. ("This is the body" in this case)
I do not understand why these examples should be useful for me

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

Basr said:
Thanks
the first item of the link that was given by Mike gives scrips that sends
message from the webmaster. ("This is the body" in this case)
I do not understand why these examples should be useful for me

If you give us the source of one of your forms, maybe somebody would program
that for you, for free.
It is not difficult at all. Be sure.

If your ISP revoked CDONTS, it would have been very kind of them to provide
conversion samples.

If the code below really does not help you, you can hire a programmer. You
can hire me.

Public Sub SendMail(vFrom, vTo, vSubject, vCc)
Dim cdoConfig, mail, sch
Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
Set mail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
with cdoConfig.fields
.item(sch + "sendpassword").value ="piet1234_"
.item(sch + "sendusername").value = "yourmailaddresscomeshere"
.item(sch + "smtpauthenticate").value = 1 'cdoBasic
.item(sch + "sendusing").value = 2 'cdoSendUsingPort
.item(sch + "smtpserver").value = "the IP or hostname of your SMTP
server here"
.Update()
End With
Set mail.Configuration = cdoConfig
If IsArray(vSubject) Then
mail.Subject = vSubject(0)
mail.TextBody = vSubjEct(1)
Else
mail.Subject = Left(vSubject, 255)
mail.TextBody = vSubject
End If
mail.to = vTo
mail.From = vFrom
If not isempty(vCc) Then mail.Cc = vCc

mail.Send
End Sub

[...]

Thanks Egbert
I will try your script immediately and I'll let you know
Marcel

[...]

Egbert

I saw that in this script my password is required and I think that' s too
dagerous. The script is not entirely what I meant because it only deals with
the usual parts of an email message (To, From etc.). I have the impression
that the script does not deal with other input fields. I am looking for an
example that sends the input from a simple form to my emailadres. Example
fields are; Name, Email, BrandCar. Build, Color; CNumber, Location, etc. I
want the input from this fields in the email.

In the past I found a provider (which is not mine) that gave an example for
this purpose but it was with CDONTS. I could use as many variables as I
wanted, the script could handle everything. My own provider removed CDONTS
unexpectedly. It does not offer examples att all. I tried many examples from
the internet but not one of them can do what I need.
I have to look a little further I suppose.
Thanks for your help
Marcel

Kyle Peterson

Basr,

People spoon fed you the info you need and you still don't get it.
It is the info you need.

You don't understand code so what makes you think you have any business
deciding what is secure or not. It's real simple. Using CDOSYS you can add
as much info to the email code as you like. It's like an ice cream at the
local stand. You order it the way you want. If you want sprinkles you frigin
order them, the same as if you want to attach a file to the email or add a
bcc. It is just lines of code you add. As for any other fields you have they
HAVE JACK to do with the functionality of the email sending code. You
obviously have to take the information you have and prep it to be used in
the body of the email. You build a string. It's basic stuff. As for sending
an email using POP3 SMTP Authentication make a special email account jsut
for that if you are worried about the email password being used in the code.

arrrgggg...

Basr

Allright

I think I have to study asp a little bit more. My knowledge of ASP is poor
but I could understand the script with the CDONTS code. If the examples that
were given in this thread do the same thing, than there's realy something
wrong with my conception of CDOSYS. I think I have to buy a good book that
explains it all.
It was not my intension to be ungrateful to you or other persons who tried
to help me. I am sorry if I gave that impression.

Thanks all
Marcel