    Can someone show me the way to an example of such a script?
    Thanks in advance
    Marcel
    Basr, Dec 28, 2006

  2. Basr

    Mike Brind Guest

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=cdosys&btnG=Google Search&meta=

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Dec 28, 2006

  3. Basr

    Basr Guest

    Thanks Mike, it will take six weeks to find what I'm looking for!

    Marcel

    Basr, Dec 28, 2006
  4. http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/sending_email_cdosys.asp

    http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/self_submitting_contact_form_using_cdosys.asp

    Kyle Peterson, Dec 28, 2006
  5. "Basr" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Mike, it will take six weeks to find what I'm looking for!
    >
    > Marcel

    No kidding?

    The first link on google shows what you need.
    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Dec 28, 2006
  6. Basr

    Mike Brind Guest

    If you can't be bothered, hire a programmer, mate.

    Mike Brind, Dec 28, 2006
  7. Basr

    Basr Guest

    "Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" <> schreef in
    bericht news:...

    > "Basr" <> wrote in message
    > > Thanks Mike, it will take six weeks to find what I'm looking for!
    > >
    > > Marcel
    > >

    > No kidding?
    >
    > The first link on google shows what you need.

    Thanks
    the first item of the link that was given by Mike gives scrips that sends a
    message from the webmaster. ("This is the body" in this case)
    I do not understand why these examples should be useful for me
    Basr, Dec 29, 2006
  8. "Basr" <> wrote in message

    > "Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" <> schreef in
    > bericht news:...
    >>
    >> "Basr" <> wrote in message
    >> > Thanks Mike, it will take six weeks to find what I'm looking for!
    >> >
    >> > Marcel
    >> >

    >> No kidding?
    >>
    >> The first link on google shows what you need.

    > Thanks
    > the first item of the link that was given by Mike gives scrips that sends
    > message from the webmaster. ("This is the body" in this case)
    > I do not understand why these examples should be useful for me

    If you give us the source of one of your forms, maybe somebody would program
    that for you, for free.
    It is not difficult at all. Be sure.

    If your ISP revoked CDONTS, it would have been very kind of them to provide
    conversion samples.

    If the code below really does not help you, you can hire a programmer. You
    can hire me.

    Public Sub SendMail(vFrom, vTo, vSubject, vCc)
    Dim cdoConfig, mail, sch
    Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
    Set mail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

    sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
    with cdoConfig.fields
    .item(sch + "sendpassword").value ="piet1234_"
    .item(sch + "sendusername").value = "yourmailaddresscomeshere"
    .item(sch + "smtpauthenticate").value = 1 'cdoBasic
    .item(sch + "sendusing").value = 2 'cdoSendUsingPort
    .item(sch + "smtpserver").value = "the IP or hostname of your SMTP
    server here"
    .Update()
    End With
    Set mail.Configuration = cdoConfig
    If IsArray(vSubject) Then
    mail.Subject = vSubject(0)
    mail.TextBody = vSubjEct(1)
    Else
    mail.Subject = Left(vSubject, 255)
    mail.TextBody = vSubject
    End If
    mail.to = vTo
    mail.From = vFrom
    If not isempty(vCc) Then mail.Cc = vCc

    mail.Send
    End Sub

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Dec 29, 2006
  9. Basr

    Basr Guest

    "Kyle Peterson" <> schreef in bericht

    > http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/sending_email_cdosys.asp

    http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/self_submitting_contact_form_using_cdosys.asp

    > "Basr" <> wrote in message
    > > My provider removed suddenly the CDONTS from the server. Now I have to
    > > change my forms and I have to use the CDOSYS functionaltity
    > >
    > > Till now I used one script that could do the work with one page. I could
    > > send all my forms to that page and this page conveyed all the input by
    > > email.
    > >
    > > Now I want to make a script that can do the same job. This is too
    > > diffucult
    > > for me. I can make a script for the normal input for email forms but I
    > > want
    > > to use forms with far more variables than To, From, Message, etc..
    > >
    > > Can someone show me the way to an example of such a script?
    > > Thanks in advance
    > > Marcel

    Thanks Kyle but it is not what I am looking for. I think Mike is right. I
    have to hire a programmer.
    Thanks anyway.
    Basr, Dec 29, 2006
  10. Basr

    Basr Guest

    "Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" <> schreef in
    bericht news:%...

    > "Basr" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" <> schreef in
    > > bericht news:...
    > >>
    > >> "Basr" <> wrote in message

    > >> No kidding?
    > >>
    > >> The first link on google shows what you need.

    > > Thanks
    > > the first item of the link that was given by Mike gives scrips that

    sends
    > > message from the webmaster. ("This is the body" in this case)
    > > I do not understand why these examples should be useful for me

    > If you give us the source of one of your forms, maybe somebody would

    program
    > that for you, for free.
    > It is not difficult at all. Be sure.
    >
    > If your ISP revoked CDONTS, it would have been very kind of them to

    provide
    > conversion samples.
    >
    > If the code below really does not help you, you can hire a programmer. You
    > can hire me.
    >
    > Public Sub SendMail(vFrom, vTo, vSubject, vCc)
    > Dim cdoConfig, mail, sch
    > Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
    > Set mail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    >
    > sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
    > with cdoConfig.fields
    > .item(sch + "sendpassword").value ="piet1234_"
    > .item(sch + "sendusername").value = "yourmailaddresscomeshere"
    > .item(sch + "smtpauthenticate").value = 1 'cdoBasic
    > .item(sch + "sendusing").value = 2 'cdoSendUsingPort
    > .item(sch + "smtpserver").value = "the IP or hostname of your SMTP
    > server here"
    > .Update()
    > End With
    > Set mail.Configuration = cdoConfig
    > If IsArray(vSubject) Then
    > mail.Subject = vSubject(0)
    > mail.TextBody = vSubjEct(1)
    > Else
    > mail.Subject = Left(vSubject, 255)
    > mail.TextBody = vSubject
    > End If
    > mail.to = vTo
    > mail.From = vFrom
    > If not isempty(vCc) Then mail.Cc = vCc
    >
    > mail.Send
    > End Sub
    >

    > --
    > compatible web farm Session replacement for Asp and Asp.Net
    > http://www.nieropwebconsult.nl/asp_session_manager.htm

    Thanks Egbert
    I will try your script immediately and I'll let you know
    Marcel

    Basr, Dec 29, 2006
  11. Basr

    Basr Guest

    "Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" <> schreef in
    bericht news:%...

    > "Basr" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" <> schreef in
    > > bericht news:...
    > >>
    > >> "Basr" <> wrote in message

    > Public Sub SendMail(vFrom, vTo, vSubject, vCc)
    > Dim cdoConfig, mail, sch
    > Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
    > Set mail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    >
    > sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
    > with cdoConfig.fields
    > .item(sch + "sendpassword").value ="piet1234_"
    > .item(sch + "sendusername").value = "yourmailaddresscomeshere"
    > .item(sch + "smtpauthenticate").value = 1 'cdoBasic
    > .item(sch + "sendusing").value = 2 'cdoSendUsingPort
    > .item(sch + "smtpserver").value = "the IP or hostname of your SMTP
    > server here"
    > .Update()
    > End With
    > Set mail.Configuration = cdoConfig
    > If IsArray(vSubject) Then
    > mail.Subject = vSubject(0)
    > mail.TextBody = vSubjEct(1)
    > Else
    > mail.Subject = Left(vSubject, 255)
    > mail.TextBody = vSubject
    > End If
    > mail.to = vTo
    > mail.From = vFrom
    > If not isempty(vCc) Then mail.Cc = vCc
    >
    > mail.Send
    > End Sub
    >

    > --
    > compatible web farm Session replacement for Asp and Asp.Net
    > http://www.nieropwebconsult.nl/asp_session_manager.htm

    Egbert

    I saw that in this script my password is required and I think that' s too
    dagerous. The script is not entirely what I meant because it only deals with
    the usual parts of an email message (To, From etc.). I have the impression
    that the script does not deal with other input fields. I am looking for an
    example that sends the input from a simple form to my emailadres. Example
    fields are; Name, Email, BrandCar. Build, Color; CNumber, Location, etc. I
    want the input from this fields in the email.

    In the past I found a provider (which is not mine) that gave an example for
    this purpose but it was with CDONTS. I could use as many variables as I
    wanted, the script could handle everything. My own provider removed CDONTS
    unexpectedly. It does not offer examples att all. I tried many examples from
    the internet but not one of them can do what I need.
    I have to look a little further I suppose.
    Thanks for your help
    Marcel
    Basr, Dec 29, 2006
  12. Basr,

    People spoon fed you the info you need and you still don't get it.
    It is the info you need.

    You don't understand code so what makes you think you have any business
    deciding what is secure or not. It's real simple. Using CDOSYS you can add
    as much info to the email code as you like. It's like an ice cream at the
    local stand. You order it the way you want. If you want sprinkles you frigin
    order them, the same as if you want to attach a file to the email or add a
    bcc. It is just lines of code you add. As for any other fields you have they
    HAVE JACK to do with the functionality of the email sending code. You
    obviously have to take the information you have and prep it to be used in
    the body of the email. You build a string. It's basic stuff. As for sending
    an email using POP3 SMTP Authentication make a special email account jsut
    for that if you are worried about the email password being used in the code.

    arrrgggg...

    Kyle Peterson, Dec 29, 2006
  13. Basr

    Basr Guest

    Allright

    I think I have to study asp a little bit more. My knowledge of ASP is poor
    but I could understand the script with the CDONTS code. If the examples that
    were given in this thread do the same thing, than there's realy something
    wrong with my conception of CDOSYS. I think I have to buy a good book that
    explains it all.
    It was not my intension to be ungrateful to you or other persons who tried
    to help me. I am sorry if I gave that impression.

    Thanks all
    Marcel

    Basr, Dec 29, 2006