CDOSYS with SBS 2003

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by tp, Jun 5, 2005.

  1. tp

    tp Guest

    HI.....

    I have made simpale web site inside that i am generating email page which
    send form as email.

    i have setup small business server with Exchange server 2003 and i have
    hosted my website with this server.

    i can not generate email using following code while same code working with
    my developement XP machine installed SMTP service.
    The code is

    Set objCDO = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    Set oMailConfig = Server.CreateObject ("CDO.Configuration")

    oMailConfig.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "localhost"

    oMailConfig.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25

    oMailConfig.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2

    oMailConfig.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpconnectiontimeout") = 60
    oMailConfig.Fields.Update

    Set objCDO.Configuration = oMailConfig
    objCDO.From = ""
    objCDO.To = strEmail

    objCDO.Subject = " Reminder"
    objCDO.HTMLBody = strEmailBody
    'objCDO.BodyFormat = 0 ' CdoBodyFormatHTML
    'objCDO.MailFormat = 0 ' CdoMailFormatMime
    ' Send the message!
    objCDO.Send
    Set objCDO = Nothing

    Is there any problem with tis code with exchange server
    pls advide me

    TP

    tp, Jun 5, 2005

  2. tp

    tp Guest

    HI...

    Thanks for reply

    Y i have check drop folder it is there and i am using my domain email
    addrress in from field.

    It is even not generating email ..
    i have check the cdosys.dll the file is there.

    Is there any problem due to small business with exchange ?

    Pls help me

    thank
    Tp

    tp, Jun 6, 2005

  3. tp

    tp Guest

    HI..

    Thanks for reply

    i got your message but in my asp code if you discard cdo statement as follow

    ' Set objCDO = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    ' Set oMailConfig = Server.CreateObject ("CDO.Configuration")

    then it will show my page means it might be problem with cdosys as i was think

    can you me some idea

    Thanks

    Tp

    tp, Jun 6, 2005
  4. tp

    tp Guest

    HI...Thanks for reple me

    Let me explain in briff

    i have one on that for there is email button and i have write onclick event
    that is

    <input type="button"
    onClick="javascript:window.open('emailform.asp?RDNO=<%=(Recordset1__MMColParam)%>')" value="Email">

    so in emailform.asp

    i am retriving records from my table using querystring , upto this it works
    fine
    then display valuve in thable

    which i heve to assign to one variable like this

    <%

    Dim strEmailBody, objCDO,strEmail
    strEmail = Recordset1("email")

    strEmailBody ="<table width='660' height='36' border='1'>"
    strEmailBody = strEmailBody &"<tr>"
    strEmailBody = strEmailBody &"<td width='71'><div align='left'><span
    class='style8'>&nbsp;"& Recordset1("rdno") &"</td>"
    strEmailBody = strEmailBody &"</tr>"
    strEmailBody = strEmailBody &" </table>"

    objCDO.From = "my domain email address"
    objCDO.To = strEmail

    objCDO.Subject = "Reminder"
    objCDO.HTMLBody = strEmailBody

    objCDO.Send
    Set objCDO = Nothing
    %>

    The above code works fine on my developement machine but on my server it
    gives me error page canot be displayed.
    If i take out CDO code as i mention earlier

    then it show me table with respected values from my table.

    the mail it seld not generating nothing in drop folder.

    if you have any idea pls let me know

    Thanks

    TP

    and then i have made table

    tp, Jun 7, 2005
  5. tp

    tp Guest

    HI...

    atlast we are proble
    i have small busness server 2003 with exchange server 2003

    I have write simple CDO email but i am receiving same error

    "page canot found'

    Error 500
    "Internal server error"

    Thanks
    TP

    tp, Jun 7, 2005
  6. tp

    tp Guest

    HI..

    I have used Domain admin useras user name and pasword
    means my user in group in domain admin groups on same server.

    thank
    tp

    tp, Jun 7, 2005
  7. tp

    tp Guest

    HI

    Ya it is running with exchange server 2003
    because as i mention it is loaded with exchange server 2003

    Thanks

    tp, Jun 7, 2005
  8. tp

    tp Guest

    hi..
    I am using following code

    <%

    Dim strEmailBody, objCDO,strEmail,iConf,Flds

    Set objCDO = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

    Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

    Set Flds = iConf.Fields

    Flds("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 3
    Flds("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/user") = "my domain user"
    Flds("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/password") = "my
    password"
    Flds.Update

    Set objCDO.Configuration = iConf
    objCDO.From = "my email address"
    objCDO.To = "some one"

    objCDO.Subject = "Reminder"
    objCDO.HTMLBody = "This is test email form mail server"

    objCDO.Send
    Set objCDO = Nothing

    %>

    my domain user :

    tp, Jun 7, 2005
  9. tp

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 23:27:04 -0700, "tp" <>
    wrote:

    >HI...
    >
    >atlast we are proble
    >i have small busness server 2003 with exchange server 2003
    >
    >I have write simple CDO email but i am receiving same error
    >
    >"page canot found'
    >
    >Error 500
    >"Internal server error"

    Start here:

    Why do I get a 500 Internal Server error for all ASP errors?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jun 7, 2005
  10. tp

    tp Guest

    HI...

    Thanks I receive error atleast noe as below

    Error Type:
    CDO.Message.1 (0x80070005)
    Access is denied.
    /intra/eemailtest.asp, line 26

    Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

    Page:
    GET /intra/eemailtest.asp

    Time:
    Tuesday, June 07, 2005, 6:04:17 PM

    tp, Jun 8, 2005
  11. tp

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:09:01 -0700, "tp" <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks I receive error atleast noe as below
    >
    >Error Type:
    >CDO.Message.1 (0x80070005)
    >Access is denied.
    >/intra/eemailtest.asp, line 26
    >
    >Browser Type:
    >Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
    >

    >Page:
    >GET /intra/eemailtest.asp

    And the next step...

    What is line 26? And the snippet it relates to?

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jun 8, 2005
  12. tp

    tp Guest

    Hi

    It my line

    objCDO.Send

    thanks

    tp

    tp, Jun 8, 2005
  13. tp

    tp Guest

    HI...

    Ya i am using domain administartor as well as i try with different user

    but same problem

    Thanks

    tp, Jun 8, 2005
  14. tp

    tp Guest

    HI..

    Ya i am try with domain admin user as well as normal user

    Tp

    tp, Jun 9, 2005