cdosys with windows 2003 error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by dmalhotr2001@yahoo.com, Mar 29, 2005.

    I'm using windows 2003 with asp. However I'm having problems sending
    email using the cdosys object.

    My code is below and I don't believe its the code but on the send
    command.

    <%
    dim sch
    dim cdoConfig
    dim cdoMessage

    sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
    Set cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
    cdoConfig.Fields.Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2
    cdoConfig.Fields.Item(sch & "smtpserver") = "127.0.0.1"
    cdoConfig.fields.update

    Set cdoMessage = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    Set cdoMessage.Configuration = cdoConfig
    cdoMessage.From = ""
    cdoMessage.To = ""
    cdoMessage.Subject = "Sample CDONTS NewMail"
    cdoMessage.TextBody = "This is a test for CDONTS message"
    cdoMessage.Send
    Set cdoMessage = Nothing
    Set cdoConfig = Nothing
    %>

    error '8004020f'
    /tad/testing.asp, line 30

    I'm not sure what's wrong. When I go to my SMTP Virtual Server
    settings in IIS --> Properties --> Delivery --> Advanced .

    The FQDN is localhost and the smarthost is blank.

    Any expertise/help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    :D

    , Mar 29, 2005

  2. http://www.aspfaq.com/2305

    --
    Please post DDL, sample data and desired results.
    See http://www.aspfaq.com/5006 for info.

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Mar 29, 2005

    Does anyone know if CDOSYS is supported in Longhorn??

    :D

    , Apr 1, 2005
  4. Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 1 Apr 2005 06:27:50 -0800, wrote:

    >Does anyone know if CDOSYS is supported in Longhorn??

    Longhorn hasn't been released, or even entered Beta. *Nothing* is
    supported or unsupported at this time.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Apr 3, 2005