Cell Phone Camera upload scripts?

Travis Newbury

Most Cell Phone camera's allow you to send your images to an email
account. Does any know of an automated way that would allow someone to
send a phone to an email account, then have it automatically post on a
website in real time (or near real time say < 30 seconds)?

We had a very interesting request from an account that would like this
capability. No security required. Basically if you know this address,
you can upload an image in real time to it.

rf

Travis said:
Does any know of an automated way that would allow someone to
send a phone to an email account,

You cannot send a phone to an email account. Phones just don't fit inside
TCP/IP packets.

brucie

You cannot send a phone to an email account. Phones just don't fit inside
TCP/IP packets.

what if you mash them up a bit so they'll fit in lots of packets and in the
last packet include some glue and maybe some instructions on reassembly?

Travis Newbury

rf said:
You cannot send a phone to an email account. Phones just don't
fit inside TCP/IP packets.

You are obviously not up to date on the latest in nano spy technology
developed by the Bush administration.

Travis Newbury

Travis Newbury said:
You are obviously not up to date on the latest in nano spy
technology developed by the Bush administration.

Of course rf, you will be kind enough not to pass that information
around won't you?

dorayme

From: Travis Newbury said:
Of course rf, you will be kind enough not to pass that information
around won't you?

.... not, I hope, because you would only want that technology to be in the
capable hands of your Dear Leader.

Toby Inkster

Travis said:
Most Cell Phone camera's allow you to send your images to an email
account. Does any know of an automated way that would allow someone to
send a phone to an email account, then have it automatically post on a
website in real time (or near real time say < 30 seconds)?

I actually did something much like this once upon a time.

Firstly, go get pop3cat. It will save you some time.
http://tobyinkster.co.uk/Software/pop3cat.txt
pop3cat is a small Perl script that can be pointed at a POP3 mailbox,
which will print the contents of the mailbox to STDOUT and then exit.

Have cron run pop3cat and pipe the output to your own Perl script, which
can use MIME::Tools <http://www.zeegee.com/code/perl/MIME-tools/> to
parse the message and extract any attachments.

Your Perl script can then place the images in some "agreed" directory
(e.g. ~/public_html/autoimg/) and log the filename, sender, date and time
to a database table.

Your dynamic pages can then read the last N rows from the database table
and present them on the page.

Good luck!