    practical guides out there?

    Thanks,

    --Yan
    CptDondo, Aug 6, 2007

  2. CptDondo

    G Guest

    CptDondo wrote:
    > Could someone clue me in to what is the current status of WAP cell
    > phones in the US?
    >
    > What do I need to do to write a few simple pages for a cell phone? Any
    > practical guides out there?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --Yan

    this works fine

    <head>
    <title>My Cell Site</title>
    </head>

    <!--#include content -->

    G, Aug 6, 2007

  3. CptDondo wrote:
    > Could someone clue me in to what is the current status of WAP cell
    > phones in the US?
    >
    > What do I need to do to write a few simple pages for a cell phone? Any
    > practical guides out there?

    I think it's almost the same as in Europe, except that in Europe
    UMTS-networks are more common, hence bandwith is significantly higher
    (one of the reasons why the iPhone will fail on a European market). If
    you want to test your site on a hanheld device try the openwave
    simulator (http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/).
    BTW how did you manage the distinction between US and the rest of the
    world within your site? Do you do IP-geo-location checks? Are they reliable?

    --
    www.daszeichen.ch
    remove nixspam to reply
    Bernhard Sturm, Aug 7, 2007