Cell/td on mouse click event using ASP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Carl Gilbert, May 19, 2004.

  1. Carl Gilbert

    Carl Gilbert Guest

    Hi

    I have a basic page for which I have included some of the code for at the
    end of this message. It may not run correctly as I have cropped out a lot
    of code.

    I am trying to handle the click event for a cell. From the code you should
    be able to see that I am handling the mouse over event and would like to
    link to another page via the cell click.

    I addition, but not too important at the moment, I would like to pass a
    string or two across to the called page. For example link to the next page
    and within that page identify which cell was clicked and possible pass a
    string for the image used in the clicked cell.

    Any help on either subject would be greatly appreciated.

    Kind regards, Carl Gilbert.

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Categories</TITLE>
    <META name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 7.0">
    <META name="CODE_LANGUAGE" content="Visual Basic 7.0">
    <META name="vs_defaultClientScript" content="JavaScript">
    <META name="vs_targetSchema"
    content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie3-2nav3-0">

    <STYLE type="text/css">
    .over { background-color:silver; }
    .out { background-color:white; }
    </STYLE>

    </HEAD>
    <BODY ms_positioning="FlowLayout">
    <FORM id="Categories" method="post" runat="server" action="designs.asp">
    <TABLE border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" id="Table3">
    <TR><TD height="37" style="border:3 solid black;" valign="top"
    onmouseover="this.className='over'" onmouseout="this.className='out'">
    <A href="designs.asp">Designs</A></TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>
    </FORM>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>
    Carl Gilbert, May 19, 2004

  2. Carl Gilbert

    Carl Gilbert Guest

    Hi

    Thanks for the reply. Do you mean put the click event and the A tag in
    between the TD tags and will I need any code in the STYLE tag?
    I have only been using ASP for a few days so a sample line would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Regards, Carl

    Carl Gilbert, May 19, 2004