    cell a has a height of 2px and cell b has a height of 15px

    The thing is, they both appear the same size, any ideas?

    Thanks
    ={ Advocated }=, Oct 2, 2003

  2. ={ Advocated }=

    Richard Guest

    Url:: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.jones13/Web Sites/oneoffsites/

    > Thanks

    Most likely because you put a character in the cell.
    A space is a character and any character in the cell will cause that cell to
    have the height of the character.
    Richard, Oct 2, 2003

  3. ={ Advocated }=

    Isofarro Guest

    ={ Advocated }= wrote:

    > Hey there, on my page i am using a few few different cells, For instance i
    > have 3 cells going down the page, like:
    > -------- a
    > -------- b
    > -------- c
    > --------
    >
    > Each of these cells have been set with height's in the css file ive
    > included.
    >
    > cell a has a height of 2px and cell b has a height of 15px
    >
    > The thing is, they both appear the same size, any ideas?

    Use borders in CSS rather than structural markup for a presentational
    purpose.

    --
    Iso.
    Web Design Tutorial: http://www.sitepoint.com/article/1010
    Isofarro, Oct 2, 2003
  4. you have to be tricky with that ...

    if you use an absolute height of the table (100%), all cells will become
    bigger ....
    so you define the hight of each cell as you want it and in the one of
    the td you set the height also 100%

    here's your code:

    cellspacing="0">

    Christian Dallapozza, Oct 2, 2003
  5. "Christian Dallapozza" <> wrote in message
    > you have to be tricky with that ...
    >
    > if you use an absolute height of the table (100%), all cells will become
    > bigger ....
    > so you define the hight of each cell as you want it and in the one of
    > the td you set the height also 100%

    Uh, what?

    --
    Karl Core

    At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
    cease to be insipid.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

    eightninethree AT eightninethree.com
    EightNineThree, Oct 3, 2003