cellspacing und cellpadding

Discussion in 'HTML' started by =?UTF-8?B?TWFydGluIFDDtnBwaW5n?=, Aug 13, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    I´ve a problem with CSS. Is there a corresponding CSS-Attribute für
    the HTML-Attributes cellspacing and cellpadding?

    f.e.:

    //...

    I cannot find the corresponding values in CSS.

    You can find my current example at:

    http://www.spiele-versand.de/entwurf/

    Thanks a lot for help,

    Martin

    =?UTF-8?B?TWFydGluIFDDtnBwaW5n?=, Aug 13, 2005

  2. Martin Pöpping wrote:

    > I´ve a problem with CSS. Is there a corresponding CSS-Attribute für
    > the HTML-Attributes cellspacing and cellpadding?

    border-spacing
    and
    padding

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Aug 13, 2005

  3. David Dorward schrieb:
    > Martin Pöpping wrote:

    >>I´ve a problem with CSS. Is there a corresponding CSS-Attribute für
    >>the HTML-Attributes cellspacing and cellpadding?

    > border-spacing
    > and
    > padding

    Thanks a lot for help!

    Looks fine now:
    http://www.spiele-versand.de/entwurf/

    But... if somebody has a solution for my div question in the other
    thread... please let me know.

    Nobody can learn enough ;)

    Bye,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Martin_P=F6pping?=, Aug 14, 2005
  4. =?UTF-8?B?TWFydGluIFDDtnBwaW5n?=

    Spartanicus Guest

    Martin Pöpping <> wrote:

    >I´ve a problem with CSS. Is there a corresponding CSS-Attribute für
    >the HTML-Attributes cellspacing and cellpadding?

    Generally the table element attributes that have not been deprecated
    should not be moved to CSS.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Aug 14, 2005
  5. David Dorward wrote:
    > Martin Pöpping wrote:
    >

    >>I´ve a problem with CSS. Is there a corresponding CSS-Attribute für
    >>the HTML-Attributes cellspacing and cellpadding?

    > border-spacing
    > and
    > padding

    The former being applicable to the TABLE and the latter to the THs and TDs.

    Harlan Messinger, Aug 14, 2005
  6. =?UTF-8?B?TWFydGluIFDDtnBwaW5n?= <> wrote:

    > I´ve a problem with CSS. Is there a corresponding CSS-Attribute für
    > the HTML-Attributes cellspacing and cellpadding?

    (Others have a problem with the UTF-8 you send. Please post in US-ASCII
    when posting to international groups.)

    For cellpadding it's easy; as others have told, just use padding properties
    for the cells.

    The cellspacing issue is more complicated, since IE does not support
    border-spacing. But for the special case of setting the spacing to zero,
    you can use
    table { border-collapse: collapse; }
    assuming, of course, that border collapse (making two adjacent cell borders
    a single border) is acceptable, as it usually is.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 14, 2005
  7. Jukka K. Korpela schrieb:

    > The cellspacing issue is more complicated, since IE does not support
    > border-spacing. But for the special case of setting the spacing to zero,
    > you can use
    > table { border-collapse: collapse; }
    > assuming, of course, that border collapse (making two adjacent cell borders
    > a single border) is acceptable, as it usually is.

    Thank you very much for your detailed answer!

    It won´t be a fault if you use both, right?

    Bye,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Martin_P=F6pping?=, Aug 14, 2005