cellspacing und cellpadding

Guest

Hello,

I´ve a problem with CSS. Is there a corresponding CSS-Attribute für
the HTML-Attributes cellspacing and cellpadding?

f.e.:

//...

I cannot find the corresponding values in CSS.

You can find my current example at:

http://www.spiele-versand.de/entwurf/

Thanks a lot for help,

Martin

David Dorward

Martin said:
I´ve a problem with CSS. Is there a corresponding CSS-Attribute für
the HTML-Attributes cellspacing and cellpadding?

border-spacing
and
padding

Spartanicus

Martin Pöpping said:
I´ve a problem with CSS. Is there a corresponding CSS-Attribute für
the HTML-Attributes cellspacing and cellpadding?

Generally the table element attributes that have not been deprecated
should not be moved to CSS.

Jukka K. Korpela

=?UTF-8?B?TWFydGluIFDDtnBwaW5n?= said:
I´ve a problem with CSS. Is there a corresponding CSS-Attribute für
the HTML-Attributes cellspacing and cellpadding?

(Others have a problem with the UTF-8 you send. Please post in US-ASCII
when posting to international groups.)

For cellpadding it's easy; as others have told, just use padding properties
for the cells.

The cellspacing issue is more complicated, since IE does not support
border-spacing. But for the special case of setting the spacing to zero,
you can use
table { border-collapse: collapse; }
assuming, of course, that border collapse (making two adjacent cell borders
a single border) is acceptable, as it usually is.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Martin_P=F6pping?=

Jukka said:
The cellspacing issue is more complicated, since IE does not support
border-spacing. But for the special case of setting the spacing to zero,
you can use
table { border-collapse: collapse; }
assuming, of course, that border collapse (making two adjacent cell borders
a single border) is acceptable, as it usually is.

Thank you very much for your detailed answer!

It won´t be a fault if you use both, right?

Bye,
Martin