    thanks

    --
    William Tasso - http://www.WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Jul 6, 2003

  2. William Tasso

    Dylan Parry Guest

    William Tasso wrote:

    > One of the regulars here has a splendid page containing details of centering
    > techniques - I've lost the link.
    >
    > / trying to get ie6 to play nicely - {margin: auto;}

    Try the Blue Robot site.

    --
    Dylan Parry - http://www.DylanParry.com

    Not playing any music, but savouring the silence.
    Dylan Parry, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Isofarro wrote:
    > William Tasso wrote:
    >
    >> One of the regulars here has a splendid page containing details of
    >> centering techniques - I've lost the link.

    > http://stone.thecoreworlds.net/www/centre/#ie
    >
    > Any of these?

    huh - as usual, I was looking for the wrong thing in the wrong place, but
    thanks for the link - it pointed me in the right direction: <
    http://gutfeldt.ch/matthias/articles/doctypeswitch.html > and triggered a
    dim memory.

    The "anything before the DOCTYPE declaration" ie6 bug was the culprit - I
    had a previous doctype commented out - Fixed now.

    Thanks

    --
    William Tasso - http://www.WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Jul 6, 2003
  4. William Tasso

    Isofarro Guest

    William Tasso wrote:

    > One of the regulars here has a splendid page containing details of
    > centering techniques - I've lost the link.

    http://theodorakis.net/tablecentertest.html

    http://users.pandora.be/nenya/test/center1.htm (in-line)
    http://users.pandora.be/nenya/test/center2.htm (embedded)
    http://users.pandora.be/nenya/test/center3.htm (external)
    None of them seem to work with Internet Exploder 6 + SP1.

    Web Standards: http://www.webstandards.org/
    Isofarro, Jul 6, 2003