Centered Image

Bazil

Hi all,

am just learning css so please bear with me.

I discovered the following to center an image without a table

img#logo {position: absolute;
left: 50%;
width: 630px; height: 40px;
margin-left: -315px}

Of course the next elements now appear below the image.

Q. Once position: absolute is used, does that force the use of absolute
for all following elements? Is there another way?

TIA,

Bryan

Bazil

Bazil said:
Hi all,

am just learning css so please bear with me.

I discovered the following to center an image without a table

img#logo {position: absolute;
left: 50%;
width: 630px; height: 40px;
margin-left: -315px}

Of course the next elements now appear below the image.

Q. Once position: absolute is used, does that force the use of absolute
for all following elements? Is there another way?

Another way, put it in a div :-

div#logo {width: 630px; margin: 0px auto}

Acceptable?

The previous Q still stands...

Bryan