    Thanks, Carolyn
    --
    Carolyn Marenger

    Carolyn Marenger, Mar 19, 2006

  2. I have fixed the problem with overlapping lines. I still have two issues
    with my horizontal menu.

    I have set the text alignment to center, however when the line wraps to a
    new line, the first line is not centered. There is more space to the left
    edge than there is to the right.

    The second item is that the last item in the line, when wrapping has it's
    padding and vertical border cut off.

    http://www.marenger.com/provinggrounds/horizmenu.html

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks, Carolyn
    --
    Carolyn Marenger

    Carolyn Marenger, Mar 19, 2006

  3. Carolyn Marenger

    Spartanicus Guest

    Carolyn Marenger <> wrote:

    >I have fixed the problem with overlapping lines. I still have two issues
    >with my horizontal menu.
    >
    >I have set the text alignment to center, however when the line wraps to a
    >new line, the first line is not centered. There is more space to the left
    >edge than there is to the right.
    >
    >The second item is that the last item in the line, when wrapping has it's
    >padding and vertical border cut off.
    >
    >http://www.marenger.com/provinggrounds/horizmenu.html
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    ul{padding:0;margin:0}

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Mar 19, 2006
  4. __/ [ Spartanicus ] on Sunday 19 March 2006 08:25 \__

    > Carolyn Marenger <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have fixed the problem with overlapping lines. I still have two issues
    >>with my horizontal menu.
    >>
    >>I have set the text alignment to center, however when the line wraps to a
    >>new line, the first line is not centered. There is more space to the left
    >>edge than there is to the right.
    >>
    >>The second item is that the last item in the line, when wrapping has it's
    >>padding and vertical border cut off.

    I have extended your page to lie in a wide screen, but all items to lie in a
    single line. There is still a larger gap on the left, so wrapping is not the
    culprit.

    I tried messing about with your stylesheet (using the Web Developer
    extension) to no avail. I suspect that there is nothing too obvious that you
    can do apart from extending the buffers to hide the imperfection of the
    centering.

    >>http://www.marenger.com/provinggrounds/horizmenu.html
    >>
    >>Any suggestions?

    > ul{padding:0;margin:0}

    Oh, yeah! That mends it when appended to the stylesheet. *smile* Goog call,
    Spartanicus.

    Sorry to have contributed nothing to this thread!

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux ¦ PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

    Roy Schestowitz, Mar 19, 2006
  5. Spartanicus wrote:

    > Carolyn Marenger <> wrote:
    >
    >>The second item is that the last item in the line, when wrapping has it's
    >>padding and vertical border cut off.
    >>
    >>Any suggestions?

    > ul{padding:0;margin:0}

    Thanks, that fixes the centring problem. It doesn't help with the lopping
    off of the last item in the first row. Any ideas for the chopped off item?

    I am uploading a new version of the file at:
    http://www.marenger.com/provinggrounds/horizmenu.html

    Carolyn
    --
    Carolyn Marenger

    Carolyn Marenger, Mar 20, 2006
  6. Carolyn Marenger wrote:
    > Spartanicus wrote:
    >
    >> Carolyn Marenger <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> The second item is that the last item in the line, when wrapping has it's
    >>> padding and vertical border cut off.
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions?

    >> ul{padding:0;margin:0}

    > Thanks, that fixes the centring problem. It doesn't help with the lopping
    > off of the last item in the first row. Any ideas for the chopped off item?
    >
    > I am uploading a new version of the file at:
    > http://www.marenger.com/provinggrounds/horizmenu.html

    What browser? Doesn't clip for me, even with IE.
    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 20, 2006
  7. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Carolyn Marenger wrote:
    >> Spartanicus wrote:

    >>> ul{padding:0;margin:0}

    >> Thanks, that fixes the centring problem. It doesn't help with the
    >> lopping
    >> off of the last item in the first row. Any ideas for the chopped off
    >> item?
    >>
    >> I am uploading a new version of the file at:
    >> http://www.marenger.com/provinggrounds/horizmenu.html

    > What browser? Doesn't clip for me, even with IE.

    I get the clipping effect in Konqueror 3.3.2. I had not tried other
    browsers, but have since tried firefox. Like you said, it is working fine
    in firefox.

    Thanks for checking.

    Carolyn
    --
    Carolyn Marenger

    Carolyn Marenger, Mar 20, 2006
  8. Carolyn Marenger wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> Carolyn Marenger wrote:

    >>> Thanks, that fixes the centring problem. It doesn't help with the
    >>> lopping
    >>> off of the last item in the first row. Any ideas for the chopped off
    >>> item?
    >>>
    >>> I am uploading a new version of the file at:
    >>> http://www.marenger.com/provinggrounds/horizmenu.html

    >> What browser? Doesn't clip for me, even with IE.

    > I get the clipping effect in Konqueror 3.3.2. I had not tried other
    > browsers, but have since tried firefox. Like you said, it is working fine
    > in firefox.

    Hmm, strange it breaks as you describe in Konq2.0.0 but works okay for
    me with Konq3.2.0!
    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan