centering and padding in horizontal menu

Carolyn Marenger

I have fixed the problem with overlapping lines. I still have two issues
with my horizontal menu.

I have set the text alignment to center, however when the line wraps to a
new line, the first line is not centered. There is more space to the left
edge than there is to the right.

The second item is that the last item in the line, when wrapping has it's
padding and vertical border cut off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Carolyn

Carolyn Marenger

I have fixed the problem with overlapping lines. I still have two issues
with my horizontal menu.

I have set the text alignment to center, however when the line wraps to a
new line, the first line is not centered. There is more space to the left
edge than there is to the right.

The second item is that the last item in the line, when wrapping has it's
padding and vertical border cut off.

http://www.marenger.com/provinggrounds/horizmenu.html

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Carolyn

Spartanicus

Carolyn Marenger said:
I have fixed the problem with overlapping lines. I still have two issues
with my horizontal menu.

I have set the text alignment to center, however when the line wraps to a
new line, the first line is not centered. There is more space to the left
edge than there is to the right.

The second item is that the last item in the line, when wrapping has it's
padding and vertical border cut off.

http://www.marenger.com/provinggrounds/horizmenu.html

Any suggestions?

ul{padding:0;margin:0}

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [ Spartanicus ] on Sunday 19 March 2006 08:25 \__

I have extended your page to lie in a wide screen, but all items to lie in a
single line. There is still a larger gap on the left, so wrapping is not the
culprit.

I tried messing about with your stylesheet (using the Web Developer
extension) to no avail. I suspect that there is nothing too obvious that you
can do apart from extending the buffers to hide the imperfection of the
centering.

ul{padding:0;margin:0}

Oh, yeah! That mends it when appended to the stylesheet. *smile* Goog call,
Spartanicus.

Sorry to have contributed nothing to this thread!

Roy

Carolyn Marenger

Jonathan said:
What browser? Doesn't clip for me, even with IE.

I get the clipping effect in Konqueror 3.3.2. I had not tried other
browsers, but have since tried firefox. Like you said, it is working fine
in firefox.

Thanks for checking.

Carolyn

Jonathan N. Little

Carolyn said:
I get the clipping effect in Konqueror 3.3.2. I had not tried other
browsers, but have since tried firefox. Like you said, it is working fine
in firefox.

Hmm, strange it breaks as you describe in Konq2.0.0 but works okay for
me with Konq3.2.0!