Centering body using CSS

Damien Sawyer

Hi,

I am trying to use CSS to center the body of my document.

What I have so far looks something like this
body

{

border-style:groove;

border-width:2px;

position: static;

width: 80%;

}

The problem is that the bordered box is left aligned. Can someone plase
point me in the right direction?

Thanks in Advance,

Damien Sawyer

Damien Sawyer

Thanks guys - they were both very useful.

I have to say - I'm really really starting to get very annoyed with IE!!
This is a big thing for me to say as I've been an MS developer for 10 years
or so (now in .net).

IE's non conformance to the standards makes me wonder if MS are deliberately
being difficult so as to set their browser apart as a commercial strategy.

Maybe my mates were write all these years and MS 'do' suck!!

DS