Centering Text in Table in IE6

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Guy Noir, Nov 11, 2006.

  1. Guy Noir

    Guy Noir Guest

    Hello all.

    I have a need to display text over a checkbox item and have the 2
    centered.
    I'm strugggling a bit with IE6 (Works fine in Firefox)

    border="0"
    style="border-width:2px;border-style:Inset;border-collapse:collapse;">
    id="chk1" type="checkbox" name="chk1" />

    The number 1 in the <span> is left justified, while the checkbox is
    centered.

    (I have to use the span....it's auto generated by my backend)

    Can someone point me to a way to have these centered, one over the
    other in one table cell?

    Thanks much in advance for sharing your expertise.

    -Guy

    Guy Noir, Nov 11, 2006