centering web page

Discussion in 'HTML' started by luannj, May 2, 2008.

  1. luannj

    luannj Guest

    Does anyone know of a cut/paste script that will center a webpage on a
    monitor regardless of screen resolution?

    TIA,
    Lu Ann
     
    luannj, May 2, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. luannj wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a cut/paste script that will center a webpage on a
    > monitor regardless of screen resolution?


    Why? Maybe I have another app window in that location. Hint: don't
    assume your visitors never multitask.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
     
    Jonathan N. Little, May 2, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. luannj

    rf Guest

    luannj <> wrote in news:0857b4dc-1b2c-4065-8de0-
    :

    Oh My &deity. I switched on google gropers for a minute or three, just to
    see if the spam barrage has died down. Nope, it has not...

    And I come across this:

    > Does anyone know of a cut/paste script that will center a webpage on a
    > monitor regardless of screen resolution?


    Cut/paste? The source of all the cargo cult rubbish we have seen here
    from day to day for the last ten years. Next we will be wanting HTML
    comments inside script elements cause that is what was pasted before! And
    BTW surely we mean copy/paste :)

    Monitor? Centre something on my *monitor*? What about my other two
    monitors? Is this site to be centred across all three of them together,
    or each of them singly, one by one?

    Screen resolution? What does that have to do with my browser canvas size?
    One might as well ask how big my mouse mat is for that is the real limit
    of my interaction with a web site. If a link is off the edge of my mouse
    mat then I cannot click on it ;-)

    Centre? How many threads are there currently running on this very
    subject? How many have there been in the last week/year? And why
    centred?. Why should something be "centred"? Should a web page not use
    all the available space instead of wasting it on some probably pathetic
    background?

    <rant>
    FFS can't these people who use google groups to polute usenet not also,
    or rather instead, use google groups archive to find the answers to their
    absolutely trivial and mostly stupid questions that have been asked and
    answered thousands of times before?

    Bloody dipsticks, the lot of them! Back in the bozo bin with them all.
    </rant>

    --
    Richard
    Killing all google groups posts
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
     
    rf, May 2, 2008
    #3
  4. rf wrote:

    > <rant>
    > FFS can't these people who use google groups to polute usenet not also,
    > or rather instead, use google groups archive to find the answers to their
    > absolutely trivial and mostly stupid questions that have been asked and
    > answered thousands of times before?
    >
    > Bloody dipsticks, the lot of them! Back in the bozo bin with them all.
    > </rant>
    >


    Can be frustrating at times, be every once in a while we can show the
    light to the GG code monkey and they can learn to produce accommodating,
    approachable, and cooperative websites. But I have to admit that I tire
    of the cheap shoes and watches pitch!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
     
    Jonathan N. Little, May 2, 2008
    #4
  5. Neredbojias wrote:

    > But think if you were a poor person in need of footwear and a timepiece.
    >


    Hmmm a streaker comes to mind...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
     
    Jonathan N. Little, May 2, 2008
    #5
  6. luannj

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    luannj <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a cut/paste script that will center a webpage on a
    > monitor regardless of screen resolution?
    >


    Please search archives for a thread on my paper "Naive 'Centre
    Hankering' Aesthetics" and if you need more, please send $US 1.75 for a
    signed copy.

    --
    dorayme
     
    dorayme, May 2, 2008
    #6
  7. luannj

    dorayme Guest

    In article <a2181$481b1ef7$40cba7bc$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > Can be frustrating at times, be every once in a while we can show the
    > light to the GG code monkey and they can learn to produce accommodating,
    > approachable, and cooperative websites. But I have to admit that I tire
    > of the cheap shoes and watches pitch!


    I get almost none of those in my MT newsreader. At least for the last
    few months? But when I am searching for some topic or post at Google on
    the groups, there is an absolute ton of the stuff.

    But, actually, my real motivation in coming on here is simple,
    Joanathan, are you personally wanting a watch? Because I know you, I am
    prepared to let you have any one of a number of fine watches and pens
    (you want a pen?) at absolute bargain base prices. But this offer,
    however personal, cannot last forever. Grab a bargain now... We are not
    talking dorayme literature on frames or aesthetics but hard cashable
    goods, watches, pens, wallets (real leather, embossed ... want a
    wallet?)...

    --
    dorayme
     
    dorayme, May 2, 2008
    #7
  8. dorayme wrote:

    > But, actually, my real motivation in coming on here is simple,
    > Joanathan, are you personally wanting a watch? Because I know you, I am
    > prepared to let you have any one of a number of fine watches and pens


    Actually I need a watch. A couple of buttons fell off of my current one.
    I just get those Wally-Mart $6 specials...kind of hard on watches so I
    usually need a new one before the battery dies...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
     
    Jonathan N. Little, May 3, 2008
    #8
  9. dorayme wrote:

    > Please search archives for a thread on my paper "Naive 'Centre
    > Hankering' Aesthetics" and if you need more, please send $US 1.75 for a
    > signed copy.
    >

    You want USD? Why they ain't worth jack!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
     
    Jonathan N. Little, May 3, 2008
    #9
  10. luannj

    dorayme Guest

    In article <6e469$481b9e6d$40cba7bc$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    > > Please search archives for a thread on my paper "Naive 'Centre
    > > Hankering' Aesthetics" and if you need more, please send $US 1.75 for a
    > > signed copy.
    > >

    > You want USD? Why they ain't worth jack!


    Now, no need to flatter me. I am an honest trader and I set my prices
    according to the worth of the goods. <g>

    --
    dorayme
     
    dorayme, May 3, 2008
    #10
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Richard

    Re: Centering image on page?

    Richard, Jun 25, 2003, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    3,772
    Richard
    Jun 25, 2003
  2. Jerry Muelver

    Re: Centering image on page?

    Jerry Muelver, Jun 25, 2003, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    840
    Jerry Muelver
    Jun 25, 2003
  3. martin weinberger

    Q: Centering flash on page

    martin weinberger, Sep 26, 2003, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    2,574
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_de_Dardel?=

    Centering a page of thumbnails

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_de_Dardel?=, Apr 4, 2004, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    692
    Marc Nadeau
    Apr 6, 2004
  5. Scott

    Centering whole page in CSS

    Scott, Jul 16, 2004, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    4,844
Loading...

Share This Page